Sign in to follow this  

Cool YZ-TTR conversion

Yes, very nice bike. I believe the user dirttrackinit or something like that owns the bike. Very nice TTR/YZ. :thumbsup:

Kinda weird the engine and everything are stock.

No worries, since the suspension is significantly better than stock, they'll still be faster than they were. :thumbsup:

why would u convert a yz to a ttr? the engine on a yz is much more powerful than on a ttr becuase a conversion is meant to make ur bike better not shittier but maybe it means u cant handle the yz ? :thumbsup:

why would u convert a yz to a ttr? the engine on a yz is much more powerful than on a ttr becuase a conversion is meant to make ur bike better not shittier but maybe it means u cant handle the yz ? :thumbsup:
wow you answered you question in your question or statement or what ever it was. ok puting the ttr engine in a ttr frame is a MODIFICATION for the ttr! OMG

why would u convert a yz to a ttr? the engine on a yz is much more powerful than on a ttr becuase a conversion is meant to make ur bike better not shittier but maybe it means u cant handle the yz ? :applause:

are you retarded, maybe its a pit/fun bike. i would take a yz ttr over a nice yz any day. the yz just isnt fun to ride, cause you have to "ride" it. the ttr engine you can just have fun with and stuff. and dont start stuff about not being able to handle the power, you ride a rm 100 :ride: and your canadian :thumbsup: so you cant talk much

I built it for my wife and we ride all trails, no track. The YZ motor is useless in the woods, mud and loose climbs.

The TTR chassis is great but nothing compared to the YZ and combined with a few mods the TTR will be putting out more than enough HP, not to mention actual useable torque, to haul a 5'2' 120 rider around quite nicely. Not to mention the button!!!

Besides, I get bard REAL easy and needed something to do...

I built it for my wife and we ride all trails, no track. The YZ motor is useless in the woods, mud and loose climbs.

Every once and a while, to keep me sharp, I ride some EXTREMLY tight singletrack.. 1st gear, huge sandy hills, deep water crossings, and i'm WAY faster on my YZ85.. Not at first, but I have to say, its made me a much better rider on the track too... I would take a YZ85 over a TTR125 in the woods ANYDAY.

why would u convert a yz to a ttr? the engine on a yz is much more powerful than on a ttr becuase a conversion is meant to make ur bike better not shittier but maybe it means u cant handle the yz ? :applause:

Trust me, many who do these mods can handle a YZ, they don't want the harsh powerband, short fuel range, or bone tiring vibe of an 85. It's the same as why guys get carried away with CRF50's, these are just pit bikes that fit guys that are 6 foot or more a bit better. :applause:

Many of you younger riders don't understand what it is to design, engineer, and construct a hybrid. Sometimes the only reason is because you may have a bunch of parts around. Or for a particular reason, like the power characteristics of a small thumper, with the suspension and chassis of a race bike, and until the manufacturers understand that there is a market for these, these hybrids will continue to be built by people who probably have a bit more fabrication skills than the average Joe. :thumbsup:

It says something about a riders skills when they can hang with, and even pass a YZ85 while aboard an air cooled 125 thumper. :applause:

Oh, and BTW, that is a sweet conversion, take the time to notice the skill that went into designing this before rudely insulting people.

• Like 1

^^ exactly. I've ridden with a few kids who thought their 85's were so much faster than my ttr and there was no way I could keep up. lets just say I had to stop every once in awhile for them to catch up. 90% rider 10% bike.

i ride a ttr 225 and i have owned 125 2 strokes and i would much rather have the 225 then the 125 for power suspension is a whole nother story if i had a yz laying around with probably a blown engine i would swap motors with a thumper anyday.

Trust me, many who do these mods can handle a YZ, they don't want the harsh powerband, short fuel range, or bone tiring vibe of an 85. It's the same as why guys get carried away with CRF50's, these are just pit bikes that fit guys that are 6 foot or more a bit better. :thumbsup:

Many of you younger riders don't understand what it is to design, engineer, and construct a hybrid. Sometimes the only reason is because you may have a bunch of parts around. Or for a particular reason, like the power characteristics of a small thumper, with the suspension and chassis of a race bike, and until the manufacturers understand that there is a market for these, these hybrids will continue to be built by people who probably have a bit more fabrication skills than the average Joe. :thumbsup:

It says something about a riders skills when they can hang with, and even pass a YZ85 while aboard an air cooled 125 thumper. :thumbsup:

Oh, and BTW, that is a sweet conversion, take the time to notice the skill that went into designing this before rudely insulting people.

most that ask the question about modded ttr's over yz's are the same that ask ''why do grown men ride 4t 125's....fun to hone modding skills on...fun to ride.....most all spend more than a yz costs to do it......most of us have other faster bikes already.and want a fun playbike.....its a different riding experience. ......my question is, ''why would you want a fast bike to ride in areas where you cant ride fast and are more technical....with a machine thats not happy unless its going fast ?.......and doesnt have any low end torque for going slow......and yea you can trail ride them but the engines are just not made for that kind of riding.... nice clean converison btw.......even if the motors stock that should really cut lap time alot.

• Like 1

Awsome conversion that ive always wanted to see and very smart on your part.

how much more did the ttr motor weight over the yz motor and how much do you think the yz chassis itself w/o the motor weigh?

I think the concept is absolutely brilliant, and have been thinking of building a simiilar bike for a while.

For many riders, we don't want/need/use all the power provided by a race bike. We also don't want the high upkeep of a race bike.

However, ALL riders can benefit from a light, state of the art chassis, suspension and brake system regardless of ability levels.

This is a bike that you could ride in ANY conditions - fast or slow. It would be great on tight trails, and when the mood strikes could handle the most extreme conditions.

I wish the OEM would make a bike like this from the factory - it bridges the gap between full race and porky playbikes perfectly.

Well done!