Sign in to follow this  

High Dez Ride, Sat 8/19

Dualsport ride from my house in Apple Valley this Saturday. Would like to pull out at 7-7:30 am at latest. Probably a desert/mountain combo, lunch/stop in Lucerne Valley. About a 100 mile or so ride, every kind of terrain, plus bookoo single track. Temps expected in low nineties but 10 degrees cooler at the higher stuff.Intermediate skills best, oversized tank, or pack fuel container will work.

Sounds good Glenn. You think'n of going up Rattle Snake Canyon? Or is this like the last ride? At any rate, it all sounds good to me. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Dang dude, thanks for steppin up. I was startin to hear crickets on this board. Folks just don't know what there missin till they go on a Glenns Tour Service ride! LOL

Different than last time except the foothill trails. We'll head to the foothill stuff early morning then back through there on the way home. Up on the mountain we'll stay east of 3N14, probably do white mountain and some of that stuff out of Holcomb Valley. Rattlesnake could be a possibility but of course that would put us into Big Bear City for lunch and gas, we''ll see. If we go that route it'll be a 140 mile day, but no worries, done it many times. LOL I'm kickin around a few different routes, we'll see what i can come up with. We may even do a little Johnson Valley before we head up the hill. You know no matter what, it'll be super fun and kinda long. Some of the regular crew is in so thats always good.

Anyway come on out, I'll hook you up with more route details in a couple days.

Is this another DS only ride? I can do at least 75 miles of singletrack before I need to refuel. A lot of wide open stuff and my gas milage suffers though.

I'd be fine just as long as there is a gas station in the middle of the ride.

The single track will be spread throughout the day in 10-15 mile sections. . Depending on the route, we'll have at least one fuel stop in Lucerne Valley and possibly another in the Big bear City area if we do that side of the mountain. We'll also have a lunch stop.

Dang dude, thanks for steppin up. I was startin to hear crickets on this board. Folks just don't know what there missin till they go on a Glenns Tour Service ride! LOL

Different than last time except the foothill trails. We'll head to the foothill stuff early morning then back through there on the way home. Up on the mountain we'll stay east of 3N14, probably do white mountain and some of that stuff out of Holcomb Valley. Rattlesnake could be a possibility but of course that would put us into Big Bear City for lunch and gas, we''ll see. If we go that route it'll be a 140 mile day, but no worries, done it many times. LOL I'm kickin around a few different routes, we'll see what i can come up with. We may even do a little Johnson Valley before we head up the hill. You know no matter what, it'll be super fun and kinda long. Some of the regular crew is in so thats always good.

Anyway come on out, I'll hook you up with more route details in a couple days.

Dude. Let's start a tour co. Glenn's Magical Mistery Tours. At the end of each trip, you could brew up some tea from some of those plants you showed us down in that canyon. LOL

Larry, I know the only reason you're coming on the ride is the free Heinekens after the ride. LOL I guess if thats the only way I can get people to ride with me I'll have to keep the ice chest full for the post ride wind down.

The plant I showed you is best used by indian shamans and such. It's bad joo joo for us crackers!!!!

Strictly DS or would a green sticker work?

Sorry Danger. Dualsport required on this ride.

Glenn

Larry, I know the only reason you're coming on the ride is the free Heinekens after the ride. LOL I guess if thats the only way I can get people to ride with me I'll have to keep the ice chest full for the post ride wind down.

The plant I showed you is best used by indian shamans and such. It's bad joo joo for us crackers!!!!

Guess I'll stick with the Heines then. LOL

You know I'll ride with you any time I can, Heines or not.

Keep me posted on the details.

Thanks, LT

Guess I'll stick with the Heines then. LOL

You know I'll ride with you any time I can, Heines or not.

Keep me posted on the details.

Thanks, LT

OK, just plan to ride by 7:30. I'll update you on the route, plan for desert and mountain trails for sure.

Dualsport ride from my house in Apple Valley this Saturday. Would like to pull out at 7-7:30 am at latest. Probably a desert/mountain combo, lunch/stop in Lucerne Valley. About a 100 mile or so ride, every kind of terrain, plus bookoo single track. Temps expected in low nineties but 10 degrees cooler at the higher stuff.Intermediate skills best, oversized tank, or pack fuel container will work.

hey, surfdog.

do you ever do rides like this on Sundays? i have to work every Saturday, but i have Sundays and Mondays off. also, i would love to try some new riding spots. i've ridden Lucerne a few times, but 99% of my riding is out at Ocotillo Wells and i know that place like the back of my hand. i don't have my dual sport yet, but my '07 TE 510 is on its way! i'm located in southwest riverside county and Apple Valley / Lucerne Valley is almost the same distance away from me as Ocotillo. so, i'd be more than interested in going on some of these rides!! :thumbsup: thanks!!

hey, surfdog.

do you ever do rides like this on Sundays? i have to work every Saturday, but i have Sundays and Mondays off. also, i would love to try some new riding spots. i've ridden Lucerne a few times, but 99% of my riding is out at Ocotillo Wells and i know that place like the back of my hand. i don't have my dual sport yet, but my '07 TE 510 is on its way! i'm located in southwest riverside county and Apple Valley / Lucerne Valley is almost the same distance away from me as Ocotillo. so, i'd be more than interested in going on some of these rides!! :thumbsup: thanks!!

Hey Psycho

Yeah, sometimes we ride on Sundays. Lots of good stuff out this way, Lucerne Valley would not be a regular ride area for me, better less whooped out stuff all over this area. Just happens to be on the route for this ride.

I ride alot but don't post em on TT too often, so you have to keep an eye out for one of my unbeatable rides.

Glenn

Hey Psycho

Yeah, sometimes we ride on Sundays. Lots of good stuff out this way, Lucerne Valley would not be a regular ride area for me, better less whooped out stuff all over this area. Just happens to be on the route for this ride.

I ride alot but don't post em on TT too often, so you have to keep an eye out for one of my unbeatable rides.

Glenn

sounds easy enough! THANKS Glenn! :thumbsup:

Man I need my dual sport bike like now. I've been on a Glenns Tour Service ride so I know what I'm missing. Glenn any idea when you might be heading back up to the Puites for a none dual sport ride? Also how come you're not up in Colorado with Steve and Brian?

Walter

Man I need my dual sport bike like now. I've been on a Glenns Tour Service ride so I know what I'm missing. Glenn any idea when you might be heading back up to the Puites for a none dual sport ride? Also how come you're not up in Colorado with Steve and Brian?

Walter

Hey Walter

I'll keep you posted on the next Piute ride. I'm just waiting for a good cooldown and a time when all my regualr crew can go before I head back up. It's actually going to be nice up there on Sunday but this is a bad weekend for a trip for me, so I'll be happy to ride local. I have a good ride plan for tomorrow anyway. Probably another 4-5 weeks and we may see a good consistent change in the weather up there. It's been a very dry year in the Piutes and it's very dusty. Not much fun right now.

I'm really sorry to be missing the Colorado trip but family and other vacation commitments just wouldn't let it work this year. I can't wait to hear all about it when they get back.

See you in the Piutes man, i'll show you the good stuff.

Glenn

The ride is on Larry. The plan is to pull outta here at 7:30. Looks lik 4-5 riders along so thats perfect. All similar speed so we''ll move along nicely and knock down some miles. The route is probably:

AV to Hinkley and first gas.

Hinkley to south end of Rainbow and on to Barstow from there.

Barstow to Lucerne Valley. Gas in Lucerne, lunch at 247 Cafe or Burger Depot.

Lucerne to Apple Valley the hard way, er ah, I mean the good way.

Lots of good trails and washes on this route. Very minimal pavement and roads. Of course all the bitchen foothill singletrack on the last leg into my place.

Probably 125 miles max. Should be back at my place 5:00 pm latest.

Gonna be a great ride as always!! :thumbsup:

Glenn

I love that loop. Sure wish I know about this sooner, I guess I need yto check in here more often. have a good one.

I love that loop. Sure wish I know about this sooner, I guess I need yto check in here more often. have a good one.

Rik, if you're up early, come on over, we're outta here at 7:30.