Sign in to follow this  

LP Mud Release - Bike Washing

Experimenting with mud release products to reduce water consumption during bike washing - only 50 gallons in our toy hauler/camper's fresh water tank to last the weekend. The Liquid Performance Mud Release product seems to get good reviews, but is there a cheaper option anyone has found to work well?

go to home depot and get stuff called zep505 it works wonders. 5 bucks for a huge jug of it. i have tried everything and nothing works as good.

Yeah go to costco and get the gallon jug of simple green.

Are you referring to the stuff that you spray underneath your fenders BEFORE you ride, so that mud doesn't stick? I believe you are. If so armor all works pretty good and so does WD40.

LP Mud Release

http://www.liquidperformance.com/Cycle%20Products/MudRelease.htm

Simple Green is for cleaning after your bike is dirty, not to put on a clean bike to keep mud from sticking.

Are you referring to the stuff that you spray underneath your fenders BEFORE you ride, so that mud doesn't stick? I believe you are. If so armor all works pretty good and so does WD40.

LP Mud Release

http://www.liquidperformance.com/Cycle%20Products/MudRelease.htm

Simple Green is for cleaning after your bike is dirty, not to put on a clean bike to keep mud from sticking.

^^^^^^What he said. ^^^^^^^

To clean though....Simple Green is the cats meow as others have said!

Thanks, guys. I was originally referring to the pre-ride sprays that prevent mud from sticking. Sounds like Simple Green is the way to go after the ride.

Thanks, guys. I was originally referring to the pre-ride sprays that prevent mud from sticking. Sounds like Simple Green is the way to go after the ride.

ive used dub dee 40 and it works great, just dont get any on your brakes :ride::thumbsup:

ive used dub dee 40 and it works great, just dont get any on your brakes :applause::ride:
duh :thumbsup::applause: i did that and i couldnt stop.lol.we did it to my friend as a prank and i ended up gettin the overall because he couldnt stop fpr a corner and went off the track and hit a tree.

duh :thumbsup::ride: i did that and i couldnt stop.lol.we did it to my friend as a prank and i ended up gettin the overall because he couldnt stop fpr a corner and went off the track and hit a tree.

:applause: That's mean, but Hilarious at the same time!!