Sign in to follow this  

XR400 OEM repair manual/motor/chassis changes

:thumbsup:

Good evening gent's/riders,

Hate to ask a common or simple question BUT is there a difference in honda's OEM repair manuals or major changes to the engine of the xr400's. I've got a 2001 in the shop for some tear-down/repair/rebuild and a honda "96-97" manual(61KCY01). I've tried to do a search here on repair manuals and have come up w/some info but the links to download/view or print up to date/modern manuals just gives me a message/states page expired or not working ?? Big Internet Idiot, please someone send/post a working link or site where I can obtain/veiw a newer manual to see the difference's,or tell me what I'm doing wrong to view these links/sites or manual.

Appreciate any help/direction in this area,

JP

:ride:

Trailryder,

Thanks for the attempt/help, but this what all these links bring up on my end ??? (copy and pasted below/bottom) Rats!! is it time to call the best buy computer geeks for this machine or what ??

Any clues or suggestions to the problem I need to gander at some of this manual?? :applause::thumbsup::ride:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.

If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.

Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.

Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

Cut and paste this to your browser.

"http://www.theventuragroup.com/pics/xr400/1996-2004%20XR400R.pdf"

Thanks for the link; I have this manual already.

However: On another thread I saw someone make reference to the "detailed section on how to change the cam chain" OK maybe I've not looked properly through the manual of the link, but I could find no step-by-step proceedure for doing the timing chain.

Is there a more detailed manual out there (an official honda workshop manual maybe?). If so anyone care to give a link or put it on a web site for a few days.

Thanks,

Meatbomb......