Sign in to follow this  

painting hubs red?

what is the best place to send your complete front and rear wheel out to get just the hubs painted?? how much dose it cost??

Just do it your self. you can even buy the powder coat kits and do that yourself too. Just bakes on in the oven. And its alooot stronger than paint

get some fusion spray paint and do it your self, naw dont do that but check on some kits to do it ur self, it'll save money and give self satisfaction when u can say "yeah i did that".

get some fusion spray paint and do it your self, naw dont do that but check on some kits to do it ur self, it'll save money and give self satisfaction when u can say "yeah i did that".

i dont feel like taking the wheel apart to paint it i just want to send them out and have a pro paint them :thumbsup:

Well you'll still have to find someone who you will pay to take the wheel apart. A powder coating company will NOT take apart your wheel for you. Don't be a *****.

how much does a powder coating gun cost? wiht everything you need to paint. also, would i ruin my moms oven if i used it?

how much does a powder coating gun cost? wiht everything you need to paint. also, would i ruin my moms oven if i used it?

Don't do that. Once you use an oven for curring powder you can never use it for food again.....unless you have a death wish that is.

You can buy a cheap powder gun for a hundred bucks. The thing with powder coating is you have to prep the parts right or it's not going to work. A complete powder coating system will cost up in the thousands of dollars. 35 to 45,000 dollars for a complete system and then you will have to have the space to do it.

I have over 20,000 in my big oven alone and I built it. Hopefully it wont be to many more thousands of dollars more and we will be set up to do powder coating. Most coating places wont take wheels apart and put them back together because they are not set up to do it all. The best thing to do is dis-assemble them and send them to the coater then get a bike shop to put them back together. They will usually do this for around 75 bucks a wheel. The actual powder coating itself will cost anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks depending on how clean the wheels are. Sometimes the prep will cost more that the coating will so the cleaner you have them the better.

my friend told me there is a place you can send your wheel to and there take it apart and paint it then put it together??

There's a thread about this in the video section. or search for "hotcoat" (google) for a reference. I see some others on ebay , but don't know if they are any good.

check out this link,its where i get all my powder coating stuff from.they also have a fourm to answer most questions you might have. DO NOT USE MOMS OVEN!

www.caswellplating.com