Sign in to follow this  

desertrider15's Fuel Tank

It looks like desertrider has a long range fuel tank (judging from his avatar)??? It would be great if he could give us a report on it. Brand, size, fit-up, likes, dislikes etc... Coming off my XR400 I never really had mileage issues but the 450 drinks a little harder so I think I will need to look at a long range tank at some stage for my overnight rides. Reports from others with long range tanks would be awesome too.

It looks like desertrider has a long range fuel tank (judging from his avatar)??? It would be great if he could give us a report on it. Brand, size, fit-up, likes, dislikes etc... Coming off my XR400 I never really had mileage issues but the 450 drinks a little harder so I think I will need to look at a long range tank at some stage for my overnight rides. Reports from others with long range tanks would be awesome too.

First thing first the tank is an IMS 4.0.

Its kinda bulky but you get used to it it doesn't affect anything when you turn at least IMO.

But i really like the long range i get out of it. Its really strong i taken some good hits and nothing except some scratches.IMO i kinda don't even know its there.

It really fits good but the only thing kinda don't like is the petcocks on both sides it gets aggravating when putting the thing together because you have a 3 t's that hook the fuel line up, but it all tucks away nicely you can barely see the fuel line and you get used to taken it off . It adds some weight but the front end still comes up like a hot knife through butter. Also its a bit ugly if you get the natural that why i got the original graphics and it looks a lot better.

Kinda not good at writing this kinda stuff but you get the idea.But over all i like the tank.

:thumbsup: on

Thomas

Thanks to you both for your input. Looks like there are not too many of us guys out there with long range needs eh? Thanks for the PM confirmation of details (4.0 = 4 gallon etc... etc...) too desertrider.

I've got the Clark 3.2 (?) and it's O.K. not great, sticks up too high at cap, can be a ball buster (have busted, not fun). Gives me 120 miles before reserve at Dual Sport speeds.

i'm going to start racing in district 38 and i have been debateing on using the 4.0 for a 100mi race or if everyone pit stops. Anyone races D38?? can you help me out with this.

I've got the Clark 3.2 (?) and it's O.K. not great, sticks up too high at cap, can be a ball buster (have busted, not fun). Gives me 120 miles before reserve at Dual Sport speeds.

hey can you post a pic? does it look a lot different? like maybe it doesnt belong there?

assuming i keep my balls off of it is there anything you dont like about it? i havnt run out tyet but i like a little extra protection to make sure i wont.

i'm going to start racing in district 38 and i have been debateing on using the 4.0 for a 100mi race or if everyone pit stops. Anyone races D38?? can you help me out with this.

most of those guys have pits at some point I am no expert in that but usually a race that long will have a pit. Ask on the d38 forum.