Sign in to follow this  

selling my 450

I am selling my 450 becasue I am going to back to school and and take the bike. I was just curious if anyone knew about the whole title, turn over ownership thing. I bought this bike from a guy, the title was notarized, I signed it and never did anything else with it. I never took it to the DMV to get my name on it. :ride::applause: I know my fault. I seemed to have lost the tite, having recently moved. This guy is going to come get the bike tomorrow and I dont know where I stand. any info would be great. I am going to go to the DMV as soon as I can but I dont think they will have my name in any records :applause::thumbsup::applause: does anyone have any ideas about what I should do? thanks alot!

1. If requested by buyer, apply for a lost title. (cost may or may not be applied to sale price)

2. If not requested by buyer, give him a bill of sale with language stating that the bike is sold as is, with no warranties and/or title as bike was used for competition purposes only. Include sale date, V.I.N number, and purchase price. Get buyers signature, apply yours and a witness.

Solid, legit, fair, legal and honest deal.

I am selling my 450 becasue I am going to back to school and and take the bike. I was just curious if anyone knew about the whole title, turn over ownership thing. I bought this bike from a guy, the title was notarized, I signed it and never did anything else with it. I never took it to the DMV to get my name on it. :applause::applause: I know my fault. I seemed to have lost the tite, having recently moved. This guy is going to come get the bike tomorrow and I dont know where I stand. any info would be great. I am going to go to the DMV as soon as I can but I dont think they will have my name in any records :applause::thumbsup::applause: does anyone have any ideas about what I should do? thanks alot!

What do you mean the guy is coming to get the bike :ride: .Did you pay for it do you have a bill of sell ?

I think he means that he has a buyer for the bike. THAT is who is coming to get it, not the original owner.

You're kind of screwed if you don't have the guy's info that you bought it from. What you would have to do is get ahold of the guy you bought it from, he'd have to get a duplicate title and sign it over. If you don't have the guy's info, then Bill of Sale it is.

BTW - I still have my bike waiting for you. :thumbsup: