Sign in to follow this  

Motomaster caliper.

Are all of the Motomaster supermoto front calipers the same, and they just make different relo brackets for them to fit different apps? Can you take a caliper from a CRF and get the right relo bracket for it to fit the DRZ?

Correct you are. Same caliper different brackets.

Different front brake rotors though.

YZ series / RM / DRZ front rotors are all the same though.

When I bought my Motomaster setup it was for a YZ. I traded someone on TT the YZ bracket for the Suzuki bracket I needed.

For my Marzocchi forks I had to buy a KTM bracket.

Oh ya FYI Motomaster has a newer caliper and an older one. They mount the same and use the same pads. The newer ones are just lighter than the originals. (More material trimmed away).

I have an original.

Will other relo brackets work, Nate?
No you need a relo bracket for an RM/DRZ

I have one but I don't know if I want to sell it just yet.

They are like $100 new.

I installed the Motomaster brake kit tonight. The kit was for a YZ 450. The relo bracket provided with the kit works on my DRZ. It brings the caliper out to the right ammount of clearance. Is there some reason why I need a DRZ specific bracket? I know that the EBC kits are the same part # for the YZ and the DRZ. Why would the motomaster kit be different?

i think the offset of the bracket is different.

doesnt matter when using the stock caliper becuase it can move on the pins.not the case with the solid mounted motomaster.

mkae sure the rotor is centered in the caliper or you will have issues.

Yeah, it's not centered. I have .65mm clearance on one side and more like 1mm clearance on the other. Well I'm looking to trade a YZ motomaster bracket for a DRZ if anyone has got one for trade. Ed, did you get my message about the ProCircuit Type 496? I got it cheaper than I thought If you want it for $250 let me know. It's still in the plastic

You always know exactly what to ask, thats why you get paied as much as you do, right? The gap is smaller on the outside, it's larger on the inside. I'd have to shave metal instead of shim. Crap, it's proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I didn't PM you, it was whn I called last week. I left a message with Jonathan, you were in the Dyno room. Well I listed the pipe in the calssifieds too, but for more money, if you know someone who wants it let me know.

I have .65mm clearance on the outside and 2.10 claerance on the inside. I need to have them shave .725 of a mm to bring both clearances to 1.375mm, right?