Sign in to follow this  

Seat Bouncing?

I'm having a little trouble with the seat bounce. I hear you're supposed to sit on the seat, but I do more of a squat and press down on the footpegs to preload. Everytime I try to seat bounce I get bucked up really fast. I know it's probably been discussed time and time again, but the Search feature is never working, hehe. Anyone care to help me out here?

You want to basically pre-load sitting down... Lean and pull back on the bike as you leave the jump so you dont endo, you also want to stand as soon as you leave the ground. Like a spring motion with your body. Hit the lip, compress sitting, it will rebound you up, stand as soon as you leave the lip and just lean and pull back so you dont endo. Works for me.

look at the new cover of racerX with RV. perfect form. he has a little step in his seat i just noticed but thats off topic. u can sink down into the seat and pull on the bars a little but thats when you start messing up. you're supposed to look like RV with head a little foward.

wouldnt preloading the suspenion standing up be just as good? thats what i do but I don't race so that might not be the right way. i push down hard and try to bottom out the suspension on the jump faces and I get a lot more air. It's a lot easier than sitting down while jumping IMO

wouldnt preloading the suspenion standing up be just as good? thats what i do but I don't race so that might not be the right way. i push down hard and try to bottom out the suspension on the jump faces and I get a lot more air. It's a lot easier than sitting down while jumping IMO

Seat bouncing is usually done out of tight turns when you dont have enough time to stand up and cant get enough speed to clear the jump easily, the seat bounce gives you enough lift to get over the jump.