Sign in to follow this  

Oceano Dunes (Pismo): Sep 8-11 2006

i rsvp'd today...i can't wait...pismo here i come...mmmmmm, fat guys love clam chowder hahahahahahaha...should i make reservations for camping?

I'd check with trip hosts or call the local Ranger Station... Link to Official Web site is listed on the Pismo Page... I'm not real familiar with the need for reservations or not...

Is this supposed to be a really crowded weekend? I was just asked to go by someone who doesn't even know what thumpertalk is???

Is this supposed to be a really crowded weekend? I was just asked to go by someone who doesn't even know what thumpertalk is???
I don't think so... Red Sticker Season is still closed... In fact, the Nationals are running at Glen Helen... We try to avoid big weekends so we can own the place...
yes for reservations... always a good idea at pismo if you're camping!
I haven't camped at Pismo in years... How do they enforce it...? Rangers drive around checking camps at night...????

i got reservations yesterday thru reserve america....they do drive around and periodically check to see if you've paid.....i always pay, so i've never had a problem

Damn Bolt,

I posted 2 trips up there and nothing and this one looks great... Maybe I should join the SoCal group.

late

SC

ps

I strongly recommend getting reservations I have been out three times this year on 2 on non-holidays and sold out. A friend "risked" it and got a ticket. I think she said $250. Also the rangers have been there up till midnight turning people away at the gate on Fridays

NorCAL just needs time... and maybe some motivation...? SoCAL is a full year old soon so we are pretty well established down here.

Thanks for the reservations advice everyone !

Do they now put ropes in the sand to parcel off little spots for camping...? LOLOLOLOL

No, but the campers do. Just like out in the dez. Three acres for a tent and two quads.

Damn Bolt,

I posted 2 trips up there and nothing and this one looks great... Maybe I should join the SoCal group.

late

SC

ps

I strongly recommend getting reservations I have been out three times this year on 2 on non-holidays and sold out. A friend "risked" it and got a ticket. I think she said $250. Also the rangers have been there up till midnight turning people away at the gate on Fridays

I posted up asking meeting time and location and there was no response.

I don't want to reserve becausae I will not know if I can go until last minute. So is your group the only three reserved so far? If no one reseves will you not be going. There was another member wanting to go "Ermico".

The thing with Stony this time of year is it is hot and dusty. We keep stony for rainy days when the snow is in the Sierras, but I'm willing to ride if I can make it, just wont knwo until Fri PM.

I don't want to reserve becausae I will not know if I can go until last minute. So is your group the only three reserved so far? If no one reseves will you not be going. There was another member wanting to go "Ermico".

The thing with Stony this time of year is it is hot and dusty. We keep stony for rainy days when the snow is in the Sierras, but I'm willing to ride if I can make it, just wont knwo until Fri PM.

You totally lost me... I don't see any post from you... Are you talking about Pismo or Stonyford in another thread...?

Nevermind... Not important. I was trying to get a Pismo trip for the NorCAl group going for the 25th of Aug but no response. Maybe I did it wrong.

anyways this trip sounds fun

I will be there for the the 8th :thumbsup:

You posted on my trip? Sorry I didn't see it.

I will be at Pismo Aug 25, Sept 1st and sept 8th

That brings up a good question. Bolt how do we know who the other Riders are? Do you guy have a flag? I usually park by the first sationary bathroom (single one) right where the dunes open up in the back/ the dune side

Nevermind... Not important. I was trying to get a Pismo trip for the NorCAl group going for the 25th of Aug but no response. Maybe I did it wrong.

Now you are confusing me too...? I was replying to damone !

I'm starting to think it's the water... LOL

Our's gets pumped in fresh from the Colorado River... You guys are drinking the ground water that has run off the local CA mountains and seeped in from the San Fran Bay... rotf.gif

Your problem was that you posted a couple trips in the RIDERS private Forum without ever submitting them to the calendar. This means 30 new guys from Norcal had access to them who never look there.

Had you submitted the trips to the calendar It would have been seen by thousands of people on 8 public Forums as well as all 200 RIDERS Members, just like this trip was...

You posted on my trip? Sorry I didn't see it.

I will be at Pismo Aug 25, Sept 1st and sept 8th

That brings up a good question. Bolt how do we know who the other Riders are? Do you guy have a flag? I usually park by the first sationary bathroom (single one) right where the dunes open up in the back/ the dune side

RIDERS members go to the RIDERS site... Details will be posted before the trip... If you are a RIDERS member TT isn't really the most direct way to communicate about the trip...

Guests from TT that RSVP will get a personal email with details before the trip...

Again... This is not the official RIDERS members trip thread... This thread is a RIDERS Invitation to TT members to come join our ride as our GUESTS...

Your problem was that you posted a couple trips in the RIDERS private Forum without ever submitting them to the calendar. This means 30 new guys from Norcal had access to them who never look there.

Had you submitted the trips to the calendar It would have been seen by thousands of people on 8 public Forums as well as all 200 RIDERS Members, just like this trip was...

QUOTE]

So I was doing it wrong.

must be the water, Im switching to beer :ride::thumbsup:

My Bad.

I guess I will become a Riders member and do all that stuff on that site.

I was posting regarding the Stonyford Trip.

Anyway, off to Riders.