Sign in to follow this  

Utah trails

Where do I go to find good info on riding up in Utah.

Good locations. nearest towns. travel distance from 'Vegas.

Is any kind of permit required? description of terrain. Maps. anything.

I've been to Moab, but nowhere else in Utah.. certainly there must be some woods riding in weather that is cooler than 'Vegas. Thanks.

Probably best to check out the Rocky Mountains forum. If you want some alpine singletrack, Hobble Creek Canyon is your best bet, near Springville. Lots of single track with very few other trail users. The Paiute trail system is nice, high elevation, close to Vegas and you can link hundreds of miles of trails with small towns between were you can get gas - but it is primarily an ATV trail sytem so don't expect too much singletrack. Cherry Creek is not too bad this time of year, but I may be the only one who thinks so, lots of desert and mountain terrain, singletrack all in one place.

Your probably looking at ~5 hrs drive to anything in the mountains.

you can check out www.motoutah.com for more info.

Thanks. I checked out the site and found much interesting info.

I am embarrassed to say that I have lived in 'Vegas since 1970 and have not been to any of the places you mention except maybe Cherry Creek. Is that where the Sugar Loafers used to, or maybe still do, host the Cherry Creek Hare and Hound. I rode that race in 1980 and had a good finish. Neat three loop race of about 125 miles.

Anyway, thanks again.

I'm not sure who was hosting the races in 1980 - you must be old, hahaha :thumbsup: - but the loops are shrinking every year d/t BLM restrictions.

Have fun!

I'm not sure who was hosting the races in 1980 - you must be old, hahaha :thumbsup: - but the loops are shrinking every year d/t BLM restrictions.

Have fun!

Old? My Grandma is old, I am mature.

I was 36 when I took 2nd in class at the Cherry Creek H&H. Do the arithmetic. :ride: