AZ TT Riders Day July 29 Follow-Up

Long awaited, sorry for the delay, but here is the Official Update from the AZ TT Riders Day held at Canyon Offroad Park in conjuction with Brian and Valerie Wilson of Thumper Talk.

I want to start off by giving a HUGE THANK YOU to all of our Sponsors that help out by donating for the event. Without there support, professionalism, and willingness to contribute, we wouldn’t have been able to meet our goal of sending everyone home with something and making the day as successful as it was. So, thank you everyone.

I would also like to take the time and provide the proper recognition to everyone who contributed to the event:

David Presten- Maxxis Tires Maxxis.jpg

- Thanks David for the tires, banners and goodies. Everyone was excited, thanks for the support.

Dave Harryman – MRD Racing MRD.jpg

- Dave, what can I say…Without having met you, It feels like a well established friendship. Thanks for the Support with your Gift Certificate towards an exhaust.

James Burry – Risk Racing Risk.jpg

-Awesome Ride On Stand James, it had everyone’s attention, and they were impressed. Wish we had more to give away, truly innovative product. Thanks for the donation.

Christi Evers – Applied Racing Applied.jpg

-A true class act, on and off the track, along with other TT Events. Your donations were amazing, from the crafted Applied T-Handles thru the gift certificates. Your support put smiles on many faces.

Ryan Burke – Works Connection Works.jpg

-Amazing guy, great to have talked and dealt with along with a great company and supporter of our sport. Thanks for the gift certificates, hats, and banners.

Bret Snider – White Brothers Racing WhiteBros.jpg

-Great company and people to have on our side supporting our sport. Many people went home with a Hat, and some even 2. Thanks for the hats, banners, and stickers.

Alison Watson – Thor MX Thor.jpg

- Its always nice having support from great company. Thanks for the casual wear, hats, and stickers, it provided some of our female riders something to go home with.

Becca Livingston – Spider Grips Spider.jpg

-Wow, what a company. Awesome product and great people. Thank You for the grips, shirts, and stickers, one of the best grips out there in my opinion.

Boris Levitsky - RG3 RG31.gif

-What a guy!! Thanks to Boris and RG3, we were able to send everyone home with an RG3 Coupon. Thanks for your Support Boris and RG3.

Mike Smit – Rekluse Racing Rekluse.jpg

- Great products along with innovative new products. Thank you for the Rekluse E-Axle gift certificate. You have made one of the TTers happy.

Ron Hinson – Hinson Racing Hinson.jpg

-What a donator. Thanks Ron for donating the very generous gift certificates towards your clutch components. Awesome company and very supportive.

Matt Davis – Throttle Jockey/Graphics Lab ThrottleJockey.jpg

-Great graphics Matt. Thanks so much for the trim kits, stickers, and goodies. Your support helped spread some new light on your graphics line.

Greg Branam – DX1/ Factory Effex- FactoryEffex.jpg

- Another, Hi Five for Greg. Thank You very much for the contingency forms for everyone to receive discounts off your products. It definitely put a smile on everyone’s face.

Guy Deatherage – Canyon Offroad Racing COP.jpg

- What a guy. No pun intended!! A truly hardcore track owner, supporter, and rider. Truly phenomenal race track, prepping, and excellent guy to hang out with. Thanks for the practice passes and providing an A++ facility for us to ride at.

Michelle and Jimmy – Coyote Honda Coyote.jpg

- 2 amazing people in the industry of our motorsport and personally. Thank You for the Shirts, gear, tie downs, and goggles. A ton of people were excited with their winnings and your support.

Deam Weaver - Amsoil amsoillogo_iso1.gif

-Thanks Dean. Its greating having a buddy in the sport as well as dealer who knows how to take care of his people. Great guy and hell of buddy.

And Last, but not at all least…..

Brian and Valerie Winson – Thumper Talk TTLogo.jpg

- 2 people that are truly amazing. Their insight, support, and dedication help make the AZ TT Day a success. Without them and their support for our sport, a lot of us would still be beating our head against the wall, or bike if you will. Their team and staff are truly top notch which is the reason ThumperTalk.com what it is. Thank you for EVERYTHING.

My apologies to Dean, It was late last night when I finally finished getting this together, and I started having IE issues, and I just didnt feel like fighting with the PC. Dean has been added...

As far as the night was concerned, Ocho started a thread, and I will post his initial comments with corrections:

Ocho here with a rundown of the nights events. My wife and I decided to

carpool with a buddy of mine since it's about a two hour drive for us.

We took his chevy gas truck(and his new exhaust system) and towed his

34' fifth wheel. Can you say LOUD! That truck was screaming at 3200 rpm

in third gear. I had a headache by the time we got there. So we show up

late, pay our dues, and hit the track. There has been a lot of hype

about Canyon Offroad Park lately so I was expecting a lot(I've never been

there before).

Canyon delivered. Well groomed, nicely lit, with fun safe jumps. They

ordered the correct weather too(this could be my lucky night).

Everyone rode till sunset. As the lights were warming up, the founding

fathers handed out swag donated by Thumpertalk, Maxxis, RG3, White

Brothers, Canyon Offroad Park, Works Connection and others too.(someone

please list them all because they deserve it)

Mr. Beard scores some pants.

DSCF1389.jpg

Swag table.

DSCF1382.jpg

Waiting for prizes.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/OCHOHill/DSCF1379.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/OCHOHill/DSCF1381.jpg

Somebody scores a works connection certificate.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/OCHOHill/DSCF1387.jpg

The coolest bike stand ever. - Thanks to James Burry and Risk Racing!!

DSCF1393.jpg

Mad Max drove all the way from Oklahoma. And then turned around to drive home. He is what we call 'Driven'.

DSCF1392.jpg

Can somebody tell me is Moto Mort in the red Team Jesus shirt drinking a beer?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/OCHOHill/DSCF1379.jpg

Mr. Something Beard, Team Jesus, and Mad Max sharing a moment.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/OCHOHill/DSCF1397.jpg

Farmers ride dirt bikes too.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/OCHOHill/DSCF1384.jpg

After the first round of prizes were given out, it was time for some

riding. I apologize for not having action shots but I was getting busy

with my mistress.(see avatar)

I had a great time riding. It's been about 2 months since I last rode

so pumped up like a balloon at a clown convention. You could've

sharpened knives on my forearms. Any who it was about time for round two of the prizes and the grand prize giveaway (in radio announcer voice)

SPONSORED BY THUMPERTALK.

Brian Wilson gets up to hand out the goods. Thumpertalk gave away a

full set of Moose Sahara gear and some Thor ATV? boots. Size 32 blue and

white and size 10 boots. Go ahead ask me how I know. That right! Yours

truly walked away the big winner. I'm am stoked. I have been meaning to

buy a set of this very gear because nothing is better in the summer

than this stuff, NOTHING. Sorry, no pictures. I was busy collecting my goods.

Then Chris and Ben gave Brian a plague of appreciation that everyone signed.

DSCF1400.jpg

I thought Chris-AKA CHILLS was going to let loose a tear when he handed the plague over. He gave a heartfelt speech to the crowd. Brian was very

appreciative. Did I mention that for a big boy Brian can haul the mail. He

dwarfs his suzuki but he moves out.

I went home late. Slept four hours and was back at the track the next

morning to try on my new gear. The weather was killer. 77 degrees when I

got there and 86 degrees when I left at 11:30am. The stuff dreams are

made of in AZ in July.

Again, Sorry for the Delay in the Follow-Up. I know a lot of the Sponsors and Donators are anxious to see and hear feedback from everyone. I have emailed ALL of our Sponsors, including those who are already members of TT and linked them to this so they can see everything you guys would like to tell them. They all have a logon, so they will be able to respond if needed.

Event Recap-

Ben and I arrived there early, along with Rick and some other people. At 3pm I got a call from Brian Wilson saying he outran his GPS and made it there in record time and was waiting outside the gate...LOL A few others had arrived early to help setup and get things in place. Within an hour or so we had our registration booth open, and our Sponsors tent filled with everything for everyone to see.

I have to admit. James Burry and his Risk Racing RR-1 Ride On Stand was double taker. Just about everyone was either interested in looking at it, how it worked, and who made it. It peaked a ton of interest from the crowd, and even more as they would come up and put it through its motions of how it worked. A very innovative bike stand that attracted everyones interest.

At 6pm we started annoucing the event, Guy Deatherage provided a quick run over of the track rules and safe ride practices. After that, I got on the mic and plugged our sponsors for the event. Then Big B, Brian Wilson addressed the crowd and riding was underway.

We couldnt of asked for better conditions or a better track. The track was prepped, the jumps were awesome, and the triple had everyone thinking. After an hour or so of riding, we called an intermission in order to hand out prizes. I dont think we would have been able to keep the flow going if we didnt call an intermission. We handed prizes out for about 45min straight. People were more than pleased with the items they were winning.

After the 1st round of prizes, I announced the track open again, plugged our sponsors, and went out riding.

We had the track open for about an 1 1/2 hours, and then Guy and his crew performed a Rip and Water on the track for us. We were back on the track again for some more riding. Shortly after that, we called a 2nd intermission in order to hand out more goodies. Again, praising support for our sponsors.

We went through another round of prizes, and then to our big prizes. Unfortunately, I couldnt find the last sheet to provided everyone with the winners of the big stuff, but you know who you are. We gave away everything we had.

At the end, Ben, Josh, and Myself presented Brian and Valerie Wilson with a Letter of Appreciation and a Plaque with a Certificate of Appreciation that we had everyone sign as they registered.

After everything was handed out, we headed back for some more track action. Chris Fosso took a liitle dirt nap in the bottom section, but he toughed it out and made back. We had a safe night of riding. We also had Canyon's Food Vender out there feeding everyone.

All-in-All we had a HUGE success with the event. There were a ton of people that I talked with that are desert riders and trail riders that havent ridden the track in a very long time, or never rode on a track, and they were truly impressed and had an itch to start riding at the track..

Again, a big thanks to everyone involved...

Nice! Where'd those come from?

You and your goofy "shoulder whip" crack me up! :ride:

Which turn is that that I look like I'm sitting too early and coasting!?! Shame on me! ?

HAHA..I know...Jared-AKA SilverMatrix took those photo's. He couldnt ride due to a little doctor snippin' his boys, but he was there taking pics.

The pic of you is in the top section sweeper turn....

HAHA..I know...Jared-AKA SilverMatrix took those photo's. He couldnt ride due to a little doctor snippin' his boys, but he was there taking pics.

The pic of you is in the top section sweeper turn....

What the hell was I doing sitting that early? :ride:

At least I'm sitting up front like I'm supposed to be. ?

Oop's, Don't forget Dean & his Amsoil support.

I took home a goodie bag of Amsoil products, Thanks Dean!

Also took home a very nice air pressure gauge from Applied racing, Thanks Christi!

Thanks to all of the sponsers, you really were very generous! Everyone had a great time & went home with a smile :applause:

No problem Phil, anytime you want/need more you know where to go :applause: I wish I had more in the garage to hand out. Thank you Phil for telling that knucklehead to insert my on the sponsor list :applause: LOL

It was a great event, I really wish I could have stayed longer....but I couldn't resist leaving early to get a 2nd ride of a different sort later that night, both type of rides happen about as frequent so to get both in one evening was a real treat :applause:

Thanks to Guy (COP) for the free practice pass and thank you Maxxis for the Tire. It was awesome of all these sponsors to give something to a group of guys for a just because type of gathering. ?

I hope we can make this an annual event, what do you all think? :ride:

Hey Guys...I have some bad news...

I called Rekluse today to personally thank Mike Smit for his donation. They informed me that he was in a terrible car accident and that they didnt know if or when he would be returning.

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts...

cool pics , that track looks fun ?

Talk about a Bum...

Let me tell you guys, I personally stopped by Dave's house to thank him and meet him, and got STOOD UP!! Talk about a date gone bad, he didn't even get to see me first before he ran off, I had roses and a bottle of champaign. I didn't think I was that ugly!!

HAHA- All kidding aside, Dave was spending some much needed Quality Time with the Family, and even though he was more than willing to sacrifice some of his time to come and meet me and walk me through the shop, couldn't have on my conscience that I was taking time away from his family.

Anybody who has heard or knows Dave, knows the guy is a 1 man shop for the most part, and he is constantly working hard to make the end user happy with his exhausts, and he finally got caught up and was spending some time with his family. :ride:

We agreed we would catch up at another time, maybe even plan something, so anyone who wants to get in on a trip to CA for some good times and riding, let me know so when we get something scheduled I can include you in on it...