Sign in to follow this  

xr70 free vs hp

alright so i am a motor guy and would like to squeeze every little bit i can outta the stock one. it is fun and free so why wouldn't i. the question i have is has anybody dynoed this stuff. i have a friend who did some dyno pulls on a stock 110 then did all of the cheap mods and he really saw a good gain on it. i would have to call him and ask the exacts but for free it wasn't bad at all. does anybody know what the gains are with all the free mods on a xr70? i really don't think each of them make enough to notice anything(probably all in our heads) but all of them together may boost ya up like another 1 or maybe even 1.5. considering they have nothing stock that is probably a pretty good gain.

just trying to start some fun conversation and maybe get some new info out to people

I haven't found any dynos for base 50's, hence the lack of data.

On cheap hp for a 70... you're starting out of the crate with approx 3.6hp. Put a pod filter on, rejet, and trim the spark arrester on the pipe. That'll get you up to 4.2hp, and make your bike illegal in most states for offroad use... : )

Drop the front sprocket down to a 13 tooth, go up in back to say a 41, and say 'hello' to a whole new 70.