Sign in to follow this  

This thing is madness!! Post pics of your Hillclimber!

its not mine but it sure its hella crazy..lets see some of your hill climber if you have any. doenst necessarily have to be stretched!

hugeasshillclimber.jpg

its a cr85 hopped up a little. lol

um im not sure. but from what it looks like i would guees a 600, cause the motor isnt THAT big. i mean its not petruding out on the sides a whole bunch.

either way, it has enough power to get you up any hill :thumbsup:

that thing is insane.

only thing is that they kept the rear suspension from the CBR. would that be good for hillclimbing?

my guess would be no. but they most likely changed it to suit there needs. i doubt a street bike rear suspention would be good for hill climbs.

It takes about 15 minutes to put the KTM back to stock. I ride it stock 99% of the time. Just a few events a year that I stretch it out for.

- Rod

It takes about 15 minutes to put the KTM back to stock. I ride it stock 99% of the time. Just a few events a year that I stretch it out for.

- Rod

thats actually pretty awesome. did u custom make that swingarm or is their a company that sells them? i could use one of those for select days.

its not mine but it sure its hella crazy..lets see some of your hill climber if you have any. doenst necessarily have to be stretched!

hugeasshillclimber.jpg

If you fall off that lil fender, that would be a little messy in the groin area? Do people built these things consider they are building a human meat grinder. :thumbsup:

If you fall off that lil fender, that would be a little messy in the groin area? Do people built these things consider they are building a human meat grinder. :thumbsup:

I agree, Id put a little iceracing style fender on that thing,

I think it would also help from gettin apple sized rocks thrown at your head and back while climbing.

That would not be a pretty site.

Also, what is the motor out of that you stuffed in that yz4XXf frame.

That thing looks like a fun ride, ever ride it with stock swimgarm length?

Also, what is the motor out of that you stuffed in that yz4XXf frame.

That thing looks like a fun ride, ever ride it with stock swimgarm length?

The motor is a Yamaha FJ 1200. It is a custom built frame made to accept YZ-F plastics. And you're right, it is fun to ride :-)

- Rod

The motor is a Yamaha FJ 1200. It is a custom built frame made to accept YZ-F plastics. And you're right, it is fun to ride :-)

- Rod

not sure if u saw my post on page one, but where did u get the swing arm extender that bolts onto the stock swingarm like on the ktm?

hugeasshillclimber.jpg

Can I RIDE IT PLEASE CAN I :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause::applause:

not sure if u saw my post on page one, but where did u get the swing arm extender that bolts onto the stock swingarm like on the ktm?

I made those. But, there are a few people that will make them for you. General cost is around 300 bucks... you can call Jeff Thomas at 317-422-8149 to talk price and availability.

- Rod

Watched a hill climb in Livermore California years back. They were running steel paddles held on with chains around the tire. One guys setup broke going through the metal fender covering the rear tire and hitting him in the back. His back looked like it had just been branded and it was perfect imprints where the chain and steel paddles hit. Can you say oweeee.

Watched a hill climb in Livermore California years back. They were running steel paddles held on with chains around the tire. One guys setup broke going through the metal fender covering the rear tire and hitting him in the back. His back looked like it had just been branded and it was perfect imprints where the chain and steel paddles hit. Can you say oweeee.

Actually your not allowed too run steel paddles/chains anymore just for this reason, only allowed too run rubber paddles .