Sign in to follow this  

138cc Oil Cooled Mini Bike

the frame looks to long between the tank and the headstock , but apart from that looks like a winner to me :thumbsup:

I have a Tumpstar and was looking at that bike as well, has my bike also go a lifan engine? how can you tell.

it will say lifn on the engine covers....:thumbsup:

it doesnt lok to bad except the gas tank frame thing.

It may look goofy, but, it's one of the few bikes I've seen were the 14" won't grind the the engine when the forks are compressed.

Lets see..... frame is WAY too long (has to be to take those wheels though I guess).

Fake BBR style swingarm made of cast aluminum (those swingers are everywhere), not gonna last.

No clue what kind of shock.

Forks look like the Thumpstar ones (which means mushy IMO).

GPX looking engine, which would explain the displacement. Okay engine, but nothing fancy or fast.

Pitster oil cooler. Never had one, dunno how it works, but it looks okay.

If you start jumping too much, or put a super head on the bike, the wheels will most likely give out. I've seen those EXACT wheels on other bikes.

Look closely at the rear brake. It wasn't made for that swingarm. Looks like trouble.

Just another Xtreme styled exhaust. They're on everything now.

Betchya that aluminum gas cap is actually plastic (why is everyone doing that now? chrome plating their plastic caps?).

So IMHO they just threw together a bunch of parts from other bikes to build this thing. It's not too great, but it's actually an okay one for ebay. I just know that as a 110 sized bike with 50 sized seat and plastic, it's gonna feel weird.

Wouldn't mind having the engine and oil cooler. If that is the monster lifan w/ the big valve head and it's been punched out already it's a good start. It probably does have the 9.5hp they say. A cam would really wake it up.

Isnt the factory plant shown at the bottom the 'thumpstar' plant in china? The forks dont look like the ones on my TS-Pro.... I wouldnt put too much faith in the bike as the neck looks way too long to withstand any major jumping...

Lets see..... frame is WAY too long (has to be to take those wheels though I guess).

Fake BBR style swingarm made of cast aluminum (those swingers are everywhere), not gonna last.

No clue what kind of shock.

Forks look like the Thumpstar ones (which means mushy IMO).

GPX looking engine, which would explain the displacement. Okay engine, but nothing fancy or fast.

Pitster oil cooler. Never had one, dunno how it works, but it looks okay.

If you start jumping too much, or put a super head on the bike, the wheels will most likely give out. I've seen those EXACT wheels on other bikes.

Look closely at the rear brake. It wasn't made for that swingarm. Looks like trouble.

Just another Xtreme styled exhaust. They're on everything now.

Betchya that aluminum gas cap is actually plastic (why is everyone doing that now? chrome plating their plastic caps?).

So IMHO they just threw together a bunch of parts from other bikes to build this thing. It's not too great, but it's actually an okay one for ebay. I just know that as a 110 sized bike with 50 sized seat and plastic, it's gonna feel weird.

:ride: thanks man :thumbsup:

That bikes not as good IMO. It does not have oil cooler or start in any gear motor but does get adjustable forks and better frame.

This would be my choice. Its the same as the first one but comes with better frame and looks better proportioned.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Release-TYPHOON-138cc-Oil-Cool-Mini-Dirt-bike_W0QQitemZ270018660368QQihZ017QQcategoryZ32074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Release-...1QQcmdZViewItem

looks good but this

4 speed Kick Start Only (1N123)

hope its a typo lol

It's most likely a typo . Most of the newer Lifans come with N1234 trannies because they were apparently having problems with 1N234 . That's what a seller of kick in gear Lifans told me anyway . He said 4 up could take a heap of punishment with no problems but some of the 1N234 motors had problems finding false neutrals and damaging second gear .

I just bought a new Lifan 125 4 up monster motor but I also have a Lifan 120 monster with 1N234 that shifts great with no probs . The seller said he could fit a 1N234 selector drum if I wanted but he wouldn't guarantee the engine . So I took his word on it .

The monsoon 138 would be a great start for a good bike as the basic frame and motor are the best you can get for the $$$$$ in AUS . You'd turf the rear shock for something better asap and if any other parts such as the forks , swingarm and wheels gave you problems , they are cheap and easy to replace anyway .