Sign in to follow this  

jumping boring?

is it just me or does any one else get bored of jumping on MX tracks? yeah i have my fav. jump on most tracks and i like a fun rhythm section but other than that its not thrilling at all. i just like to find good turns or ruts and do those all day long. so much fun. do i have it all backwards? am i wierd cuz of this(besides in general)?

try some tricks like whips, scrubs, hellckickers, no handers, no footers, nac- nacs , im guessing u know how 2 do this allready, if not then how the hell can jumping get boring??

Are you stuck at some track with nothing but little 40-50 ft jumps? If so I can understand how that could be boring. Just go find a track with a 120 footers and see if that gets boring.

i would say no ur not wierd and thats acually a good thing. turns make u faster for sure. personally i would rather hit a turn with a huge deep rut in it and gnarley braking bumps b4 it and rail it then jump a big jump. ithink this usually comes when riders start to progress and you are looking for new more challenging techniques.

wut class do you race? if you dont mind me asking. just wanted to test my theory.

Sounds like the making of a woods rider. Nothing I do on the bike is considered boring and I race MX and HS...Not to say anything is wrong with you, just think you need to try a different avenue of riding.

I can see you in the air now yawning because of how bored you are lol...I must be a looser, hell I have fun just sitting on my bike in the garage. HAHA

Try working on corners rather than jumps, I find jumps somewhat boring and get alot more thrill out of railing a berm perfectly than jumping a triple.

Either try some little tricks or find a place with larger jumps. Just be careful not try anything stupid because you're bored and get yourself hurt! Trust me, I know.

yea, same thing here...it's not so much as jumps are boring to me as it is they are all relatively the same on most tracks around here. Even the rhythm sections get boring because its pretty much the same thing for everybody and there's not many sections/jumps to get creative with your lines or try different combinations. Most "rhythm" sections around here are like double double double. Sure every now and then you find one that you can triple triple or something like that, but overall jumps are the same for everybody and its hard to make up time on people on jumps, especially in A class. I love corners though. Give me a big, chopped out, rutted sweeper covered in sand anyday over a 90ft triple. So many options, different lines, etc. You can be more creative with your passes, lines, etc. GOOD STUFF!!!

im the exact opposite. I could hit the same jump all day long and not get bored. There is no better feeling than being weightless on a dirtbike:thumbsup:

Try going and racing at the flat track that has only wholeshots and turns it sounds like your thing.

I agree with the notion of doing tricks on the jumps to make them more fun. When my friends are freeriding they do tricks on the big jumps and let out the occasional "WOOOOOO" or "YEEEEEE-HAW" to make it fun.

yea, same thing here...it's not so much as jumps are boring to me as it is they are all relatively the same on most tracks around here. Even the rhythm sections get boring because its pretty much the same thing for everybody and there's not many sections/jumps to get creative with your lines or try different combinations. Most "rhythm" sections around here are like double double double. Sure every now and then you find one that you can triple triple or something like that, but overall jumps are the same for everybody and its hard to make up time on people on jumps, especially in A class. I love corners though. Give me a big, chopped out, rutted sweeper covered in sand anyday over a 90ft triple. So many options, different lines, etc. You can be more creative with your passes, lines, etc. GOOD STUFF!!!

exacty man, once you get higher in skill level, jumps are all the same wut ever the distance is. not that they are boaring its just not a hard challenge. In A and B class like you said corners are where you can get an advantage over other riders. Last week end i was practicing one turn that had a good rut in it and i was having much more fun in that turn with the bike leaned over and my elbow sliding on the ground thru the turn then i was on the 80ft finish line table.

For the original poster (sorry cant remember the name) if you are riding MX and looking to race. Dont do tricks that isnt going to help you get any faster. and probly hurt eventually. Practice turns, at first it might not be that fun but once you get more used to it will become more and more fun.

brian i race 125 novice. depending on where you live that may sound slow because that class is pretty slow in most states but i think its pretty fast in AZ. i know a few kids that struggle to get top 10(its usually full gate or more) here but go out of state and get top 3. buddi bruner just won novice at ponca by over 30 sec in one of his 2 wins and he's not the only fast one. A few of the novices cant even race LL's because LL says they have to run inter but they just stay novice... anyways i got side tracked, i hit any jump really. ive done freestyle jumps, 120-130ft jumps at the track and scrub them not exactly like bubba but the point is when i go out to practice i do a few laps then i find a good section or turn or whoops and just loop it. i dont care if a jump is 5th pinned, once ive done it once its not fun. im glad u agree brian. to me doing a turn perfect feels like when u swish in basketball. i like that feeling.

brian i race 125 novice. depending on where you live that may sound slow because that class is pretty slow in most states but i think its pretty fast in AZ. i know a few kids that struggle to get top 10(its usually full gate or more) here but go out of state and get top 3. buddi bruner just won novice at ponca by over 30 sec in one of his 2 wins and he's not the only fast one. A few of the novices cant even race LL's because LL says they have to run inter but they just stay novice... anyways i got side tracked, i hit any jump really. ive done freestyle jumps, 120-130ft jumps at the track and scrub them not exactly like bubba but the point is when i go out to practice i do a few laps then i find a good section or turn or whoops and just loop it. i dont care if a jump is 5th pinned, once ive done it once its not fun. im glad u agree brian. to me doing a turn perfect feels like when u swish in basketball. i like that feeling.

def man. so to answer the origninal question of the thread nah ur not wierd, probly just a good rider.