Sign in to follow this  

boots... y/n

oneal is cheap garbage...my friend bought a pair from PEP BOYS and they look like rain boots. dont get them. u get what u pay for so u should definately spend the extra money to get a good pair of boots. the fox tracker is a good pair for a pretty fair price.

Use common sense dude.

Boots that really offer you protection cost above the $300 mark.

There are several posts were people bash on the protrection offered by boots on the $150 price mark.

Besides by taking a look at those boots you notice just how unprotective they are

I disagree with what's been said here. It really depends on the type of ridding you intend on doing. If you are a real fast guy and ride really hard then you need a pair of boots to match. However if your a casual trail rider then those will be just fine. People go way overboard for no reason other then to say they have the best stuff, LAME reason. Are you ridding track, and if so how high are you jumping? If your just cruising around the track at a medium/slow pace and not taking huge jumps then why by boots made for riding that's beyond your capabilities? Those Oniels will give you the support in the foot you need as well as some ankle support. Think about it, compare it to wearing a pair of shoes?

My oneal's are holding up real good, but I spent $100 for them

:thumbsup:

O'Neal's "top of the line" boot, the Hardwear, is only semi mediocre but far from top boots like SG10's or SIDI Crossfires.

I disagree with what's been said here. It really depends on the type of ridding you intend on doing. If you are a real fast guy and ride really hard then you need a pair of boots to match. However if your a casual trail rider then those will be just fine. People go way overboard for no reason other then to say they have the best stuff, LAME reason. Are you ridding track, and if so how high are you jumping? If your just cruising around the track at a medium/slow pace and not taking huge jumps then why by boots made for riding that's beyond your capabilities? Those Oniels will give you the support in the foot you need as well as some ankle support. Think about it, compare it to wearing a pair of shoes?

i agree with this. i mean does a guy that only rides the occasional dual-sport need a pair of $300.00 + alpinestars etc. i don't think so. all depends what you are doing. just take your time and do some research on the kind of support and protection the boots give and compare it to your type of riding . good luck

And do you think everyone needs to be wearing 400$ boots?

SG10's are $300. Tech 10's are ridiculously overpriced and aren't as good as SG10's or Crossfires IMHO. But to wear cheap boots is like wearing one of those turtle shell kid's bicycle helmet.

I disagree with you here.

I ride mainly offroad and in the woods. And i`m brand new at the tracks.

So you can guess tha i dont do any big jumps. A 45 footed is dificult for me to

clear.

I was using Fox boots and I took a light spill coming out of a corner. The boot completely bent at the ankle.

I have had several offroad getoffs at mach speed where i havent needed ankle support from the boot. But if i had an unlickely offroad accident where i needed boot protection I`m sure that these boots wouldnt provide it.

when i`m woods riding i have taken a lot of lowspeed spills where you get stuck at a creek or at a log or branch in a steep hill.

when you fall at the woods you stumble all over and sometimes your bike comes along with you. The ground is uneven and sometimes pretty loose so you`ll also need protection there.

When are you going to fall the most?

When you are starting riding or getting better.

When do you need protection the most?

When you fall.

Therefore when you are a nob you need the best protective equipment you can get.

BTW

Think about it, compare it to wearing a pair of shoes?

That`s the most stupid thinmg i have heard. Comparing boots to shoes. well if you compare sandals to converse tennis shoes you`ll notice more support and protection from the converse tennis shoes. And that doesnt mean that they are ok for riding.

And do you think everyone needs to be wearing 400$ boots?

Nop but they should use common sense and spend money wisely. I dumped $150 bucks over useless cardboard boots and i dont want other people to do that too.

Gaerne $300 Oxtar boots Astars T6 T8

If you buy Fox`s Oneall`s Thor`s you`ll be protected against banging uyour foot against rocks and stuff but you wont have any ankle or lower leg protection whatsoever.

If you are trying to say that we assume sopending big bbucks over equipment will make you a better rider well we are not. I am not saying spend all your money, I`m saying spend it wisely.

A cardboard boot is a waste of money and gives you makes you feel protected when they aren`t giving that protection.

Haha I know why you WRFRK disagree.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406233

If those things that you posted could be considered dirtbikes, i hardly doubt that you`ll be going fast enough to even need boots.

If you dont have used any boots before, you are just getting into riding therefore you dont have any experience whatsoever and you are just speculating about protective gear.

Please KEEP YOUR ADVICE TO YOURSELF. Some unlucky poor fellow might listen to your advice and get hurt.

BTW S`pend yopur $600 on a mountain bike and get lost in the woods.

You know you just sound like another guy who has jumped on the bandwagon of the "Buy the best, just because wagon". Sure those high end boots are going to provide better protection than a set of Oneils, and I never said they would not. I still however DO NOT agree that a noob or inexperienced rider needs the best gear to start with. You are out of your NOOB freakin mind, and as far as I am concerned are clueless. How many people do you see out there riding in just regular old boots/shoes (which is why I used that as a comparison)? I see plenty and I just shake my head and hope the best for them, because I know pain/injury are right around the corner. So a set of cheap Oneils would be 100 times better than regular shoes or boots. So with your philosophy a person on a limited budget should just stay out of the sport all together b/c he can't spend the big money! I ride pretty hard and I've yet to spend that kind of $$$ on boots and I've been riding since I was 12 and I'm now 32. For years I never even had boots and I was (ok), having boots even cheap ones though has made riding a lot more enjoyable mainly because of how I feel so much more stable. Now let's go back 20yrs and look at the boots the pro's used back then. Those cheapo Oneils are better than that crap, no doubt about it and you didn't hear crying and whining from those guys. Maybe that's the problem here, your so terrified about getting a little hurt that you surround yourself in the most expensive gear with the idea that you will be bullet proof?

Go back twenty years cheapo crap like oneils werent even available none of the reputable mx boot companies would even offer crap like that. We wore boots from sidi gearne alpinestar even scott made a pair of hinged plastic robo boots in fact a good pair of lineman boots wood be better than cheap oneils.

OK fine tell this guy he absolutely HAS TOO buy some Sidi flex force boots or he can't ride and that's just that.

BTW, motopainter I know your full of it b/c I've seen what you ald farts rode with back in the day.