Sign in to follow this  

Trumbo Farm news (bad)

Letting you guys in dist 17 know I read that the Variety Riders (great club) has lost the Trumbo Farm property. I read it in the front page of the district magazine. Their once a year harescramble will be held at Buffalo Range instead. They will be able to have more classes now, and I know they will put on a good race, but man that just put a damper on my day.

Any club guys in here, might have some more info.

If anyone never made that race you really missed out. The club, the family who owned the property all did a great job.

Talked to some club members at BR a couple weeks ago when they were laying out trail and they said there was a contract to buy the land, they didn't say why it went up for sale. If it's anything like the Forest City Riders enduro land I bet the kids got control of the farm and sold it for the money. We have that happen all the time to us.

I'll really miss that place. Last time i raced there was in 03 and had a blast there, even got the overall that day.

Talked to some club members at BR a couple weeks ago when they were laying out trail and they said there was a contract to buy the land, they didn't say why it went up for sale. If it's anything like the Forest City Riders enduro land I bet the kids got control of the farm and sold it for the money. We have that happen all the time to us.

I'll really miss that place. Last time i raced there was in 03 and had a blast there, even got the overall that day.

Exactly what happened. :thumbsup::ride:

Snapped up by some frickin' corporation no doubt, it's been happening everywhere :thumbsup: