Sign in to follow this  

Ouray Colorado Adventure - Photos

:thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Awesome is right!!!

Mind letting us in on the program you used to make the show?

Man I wish that I had waited until tomorrow to view this I won't be able to sleep thinking about all night. That looked like a ride dreams are made of. Were any of you locals? How did you find the locations to ride? I want to go!

All:

Glad you figured out the program. One of my riding buddies on the trip put the slideshow together, and I didn't know what he used.

Regarding locals - no - everyone on the trip lives in Georgia. We are fortunate to have a good group of buddies. Some are very good trip and route planners.

We have found some very good 4 wheel drive off road books with photos and routes, that we use, plus recreational maps which show dirt roads and trails. I recently lent mine out to another group, and I don't have the Author/title, sorry. Personally, I like the books that have photo's of the riding area, diifficulty level, and clear, easy to understand routes. Do an Amazon search of Off Road Colorado. Or 4 wheel Colorado.

If you've never done this kind of trip - just do it. You will figure it out.

We have found Crested Butte, Co. and Ouray to both be great towns to go to for a Start. The riding possibilities are endless.

:thumbsup::ride: That was an awesome slideshow !!!! I ended up crackin up when that guy made the face behind the "older" lady. Of course, he's goin to hell for that one :applause:

Thanks for sharing - I dug the intro too.

We first rode the San Juans around Ouray in 1984 and have been going back ever since. Half the trails we rode then are gone now and it is still a fantastic place to ride. Things have kept me from going back for the last three summers and your slide show made me really miss it. I won't let next year get away!

The first time we rode in the area was in 1973.

I was riding my Suzuki TC120, my folks were riding their Suzuki TC125's (I still have one of them) and a TS125.

Part of the time we camped in Hermosa Meadows (9 miles north of Durango).

The valley branches in three ways there... the railroad goes in the east valley, the highway goes in the central valley, and the west valley had a horse/hiking trail that was open to motorcycles. It opened out on the top behind Purgatory ski area.

We rode that trail all the way up.... fording rivers, cutting around washouts, and dodging cowboys on horseback herding cattle!

I rode the same trail in 1988 or so.... the mountain bikers had taken it over and were giving me dirty looks.

We were back in 1976, camping at Ouray. The first day we went over Imogene pass it was just us guys to make sure it was passible. Same TC125's, TS125, and I had a CanAM 175 TNT! Powerhouse! When we got to Telluride, we had lunch in a bar with the rest of our family, then hung out on a vacant lot downtown to watch a medicine show.... good hippy type fun. Had a great day.

So the next day the girls were going to ride over. Foggy, rainy, cold, NO visibility. Got a flat on one of the bikes on the way down into Telluride. Not so much fun for the girls.... my Dad rode one of the bikes back around on the road.

Ah, memories..... last time I was there was in '03 with an XR200. Too much fun! :thumbsup:

Ouray is just plain AWESOME. My folks have a home just North of town on the mountain behind the KOA. I have jeeped and motorcycled over most if not all the mountain roads in that area. Anyone who has never been there should plan a trip. Great road riding, Great jeep road riding, Great everything, (except gas prices).

Thanks for sharing the slide show.

Thanks for the show,

Now that I have seen it it's time to ride it. The trails through the woods looked much like cr 717 out of Divide, CO.

But hey riding through town on a plated dual sport... Doesn't get much better.

AWESOME, Last time I rode out ther I was on an old street BMW. A few good friends, camping gear and 1500 miles later we were back in Arizona after a trip through Ouray, Telluride, Shiprock and everything in between. Next time I will have to do it on a dual sport! Thaks for the great photos.

James