Sign in to follow this  

DRZs in Ortonville

I keep seeing 3 DRZs (I think they were all DRZs) tooling :thumbsup: down my road every couple of weekends in Ortonville, MI. Just wondering if they are TTrs and where they are going.

There's a group from Ortonville that dual sports every Sunday morning. I know of at least 2 DRZ's in the group. I haven't done the Sunday ride lately but we typically will meet up at a small diner in Ortonville around 8:00am then ride back roads for a few hours.

Do you happen to know which diner? Do you think it would be OK if I just showed up?

I don't remember the name of the diner but's I think it's by the Mobil station and also a car dealership. If your traveling toward I-75 it would be on the right side of the road in a small strip mall. You'll know it when you see it because there will be quite a few Enduro Bikes parked in the lawn in front of the diner.

Thanks, I know the one. I think it's named "Tom's" now, used to be "Greg's".

Thanks, I know the one. I think it's named "Tom's" now, used to be "Greg's".

Did you see those guys Sunday morning?

I don't think anyone will be riding this Sunday.

I'm one of the guy's that ride on Sunday, yes it's Tom's coney @ 8:00. We will not be ridiing this weekend as we have a weekend ride setup. We will resume on 9/3. You guys are more than welcome, for info contact Jeff Cole @ 248 494-2112. We have 2-DRZ, 5-KTM, 2 Husabergs, 2-GasGas and 1-Husky(Me). We ride between 40-75 Miles. SeeYa, Steve

I'm one of the guy's that ride on Sunday, yes it's Tom's coney @ 8:00. We will not be ridiing this weekend as we have a weekend ride setup. We will resume on 9/3. You guys are more than welcome, for info contact Jeff Cole @ 248 494-2112. We have 2-DRZ, 5-KTM, 2 Husabergs, 2-GasGas and 1-Husky(Me). We ride between 40-75 Miles. SeeYa, Steve

How's the Husky running? I rode with your brother a few weeks back... I'm the other Husaberg...

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: We have been riding for about 3 years now. The group is actually called the NOMADS. (North Oakland Moto-Active Dual Sports). All told, there is probably about 20-25 riders available to ride. Usual group is around 7 or 8 guys at a time. we do mostly dirt road but have been known to find some good muddy off road areas also. We sort of pick a direction and head that way. Sometimes with a destination in mind and sometimes not! Great time and a great group of guys. Call Jeff anytime, day or night!! (actually should call during the day). I am one of the 5 KTM guys!

DAVE

Husky's runnin great, I could'nt be happier. This thing rev's to the moon, very fun to ride almost like a 2-stroke. Hope to see you soon , Steve

Hey Dave I thought we changed it (NOMADS) to North Oakland Men Against Dumb Sluts but I could be wrong that was after a few beers. Can't go this weekend I have a wedding Sat. then a Vintage Nat. race at Portland on Sun. I should be in good shape for that after the wedding. HAHA See'ya Steve

I thought it was North Oakland Motorcycle and Drinking Society? :thumbsup:

do you have any posted times when you go riding? I'm in Davisburg,got a plated 525 EXC

Hello, We meet most Sunday morning's at 8:00 a.m. The location is Ken's coney, just south of Grange Hall rd. If you have more question's , give me a call at (248) 494-2112. This Sunday we are not riding, 5 of us are riding to Port Austin . It's about 125 miles on dirt roads . We'll spend the night and return on Sunday. Excellent scenery and lot's of fun. Hope to hear from you. See Ya, Jeff Cole

Hello, We meet most Sunday morning's at 8:00 a.m. The location is Ken's coney, just south of Grange Hall rd. If you have more question's , give me a call at (248) 494-2112. This Sunday we are not riding, 5 of us are riding to Port Austin . It's about 125 miles on dirt roads . We'll spend the night and return on Sunday. Excellent scenery and lot's of fun. Hope to hear from you. See Ya, Jeff Cole

Thanx for all the information Jeff :thumbsup:. Hope to see you this Sunday :applause:.