Sign in to follow this  

lower rm85 Help!

My daughter still fells her rm 85 is to tall for her took her to the track for the firs time and she did great dumped her bike on a lot of turns because she thinks she can not plant her feet I have the suspension pulled down and she has the smaller wheels 17/14 do they sell a lowering link or a low seat for her bike or will I have to shave her seat. she wants a 110 or 65 but i told her she will not like it its to small she only needs about 2 or 3 more inch. to feel confident

well you should just teach her that the reason for the bike being so high is to make it easy to absorb bumps jumps ect. and tell her to run wide on turns and get a set of barkbusters to save the levers try this method or you might just have to lower the bike. one other question how old is she because she might start having a growth spurt soon which would have been a waste of time her lowering the bike.

Yes you can get a lowering link for the RM85. I bought two 06 RM85's big wheel for my 11 yr old son and converted them to small wheels. Along with the small wheels I also installed a lowering link from DEVOL. It dropped the back end approx 1 1/2 inches, I also pushed the front forks up in the triple tree to keep the bike level. The link goes for approx 100.00 and does not come with bearings. I do not recommend trying to use the original bearings as the are pressed in and damage easily. Hope this helps

I had my sons '03 RM85 lowered when I had it revalved and resprung for his weight. If you are having the bike revalved and resprung then it is pretty cheap to have it lowered at the same time. My suspension guy advised against lowering it with the lowering link because he said it would adversely effect the way the suspension works. But shimming it when revalving lets the suspension continue to work as it should. This is the way Factory Connection does it. They do it for $35.00 per end if you are having the revalving done. They say that they can lower it 1/2 inch - 2 inches.