Sign in to follow this  

Big Red...King of the hill!

Just got the September issue of Dirt Bike Mag. In the article on the 07 450R they mention that Honda has passed the 100,000 unit mark on the CRF series. This includes the 450 X and R as well as the 250 X and R. Man that is a lot of red machines. Eat your heart out blue, yellow, orange, and green.

Go Red!!

Our local track is starting to break up practices by bike color and it is not working too well because it looks like one giant Honda commercial. Red bikes are everywhere.

Just got the September issue of Dirt Bike Mag. In the article on the 07 450R they mention that Honda has passed the 100,000 unit mark on the CRF series. This includes the 450 X and R as well as the 250 X and R. Man that is a lot of red machines. Eat your heart out blue, yellow, orange, and green.

Go Red!!

Yeah, what Honda has done in just a few years is amazing...M.I.C data shows offroad market share something like Honda 40%, Yamaha 25%, Suzuki /Kawasaki/ KTM and others all around 5-7%....They may have joined the 4-stroke game later than Yamaha, but the sales speak for themselves.

i'm one of the only guys around here that has a honda. everyone else has a yamaha, cuz thats the only shop here......other than kawi, but no one is dumb enough to buy those. the owner of the yamaha shop here actually rides a CRF450.....so that has to say something.

i'm one of the only guys around here that has a honda. everyone else has a yamaha, cuz thats the only shop here......other than kawi, but no one is dumb enough to buy those. the owner of the yamaha shop here actually rides a CRF450.....so that has to say something.

Dumb enough to buy a Kawi? Why? Whats wrong with the kawi other than the fact that its not Red, and whats wrong with the yamaha, other than the fact that its not red? Whats wrong with the KTM other than the fact that its not red? whats wrong with the suzuki other than the fact that its not red? The answer is you are loyal to the honda brand but that doesn't mean the other brands don't deserve respect too.I have ridden and owned all brands and i don't praise any of them, because they don't praise me. If one brand releases an excellent bike then by all means go ahead and get it! Don't sit there and loose out on the fun because all you can see is RED. Open your eyes man thats the best advice i got for you guys. HAving said that, i am not against honda, my next bike might even BE ONE. Who knows! Just had to clear that one up before someone comes on here cussing me and saying i hate hondas boohoo cry cry, give me a break. They are all great bikes.

Dumb enough to buy a Kawi? Why? Whats wrong with the kawi other than the fact that its not Red, and whats wrong with the yamaha, other than the fact that its not red? Whats wrong with the KTM other than the fact that its not red? whats wrong with the suzuki other than the fact that its not red? The answer is you are loyal to the honda brand but that doesn't mean the other brands don't deserve respect too.I have ridden and owned all brands and i don't praise any of them, because they don't praise me. If one brand releases an excellent bike then by all means go ahead and get it! Don't sit there and loose out on the fun because all you can see is RED. Open your eyes man thats the best advice i got for you guys. HAving said that, i am not against honda, my next bike might even BE ONE. Who knows! Just had to clear that one up before someone comes on here cussing me and saying i hate hondas boohoo cry cry, give me a break. They are all great bikes.

DAMN YOU! :applause: You hate Hondas! :applause::applause::applause::applause: You are just jealous because you have a Yamadog!! :ride: They are all great bikes, but in the words of Andrew Carnegie, "All men are created equal, it's just that some are more equal than others" :applause: - some bikes are just greater than others! :thumbsup:

lol no not quite, i had a choice when i bought my bikes. I actually owned a 2001 CR125 back in, well 2001! And a 2003 CRF450 back in, well 2003! But i sold it and bought a 2004 RM250, which was better. The 450s have come a long way though and i have no doubt all of them are great. Which is why i can't decide which one i am planning on getting, i may go with yamaha again though, my yz250F is sweet!

Some of us dont base our bike purchases on what everyone us else is buying... But then some people are sheep. Hell I just bought a new 2-stroke just to be different!!
umm, how exactly is that not basing your purchase on what everyone else is buying? You're pretty much saying you bought a 2 stroke because everyone else is buying 4 strokes. IMO people who buck trends for the express purpose of bucking trends are just as much slaves to fashion as those who deliberately follow trends. You're still letting others dictate your decisions. Why not get the brand and type of bike you like best, whether it's the most popular at the moment or not? :thumbsup:

umm, how exactly is that not basing your purchase on what everyone else is buying? You're pretty much saying you bought a 2 stroke because everyone else is buying 4 strokes. IMO people who buck trends for the express purpose of bucking trends are just as much slaves to fashion as those who deliberately follow trends. You're still letting others dictate your decisions. Why not get the brand and type of bike you like best, whether it's the most popular at the moment or not? :ride:

so true :thumbsup:

you know how i know you're gay?

j/k man. i am very brand loyal and bull headed and i don't care. i had a yamaha that didn't treat me well, and all my hondas have been awesome, so that says enough for me. although i'd be lying if i said i wouldn't ride a ktm, because i would in a heartbeat, but not over my honda, and they new yammi looks good too. i'm just a honda guy to the bone though when it comes right down to it.

Its not hard to tell what the biggest selling bike is everytime i go to the track. That isnt the reason i bought my bike though. I have ridden honda for years so when the time came for a new bike thats why i went straight to red. This bike has treated me PERFECT just like i expected it to. When the time comes for another bike i will be going right to my honda dealer again!

That was a joke, i buy what appeals to me. but seriously i'd rather build a bike thats unique than one one thats like everyone else- just personal preference. and i'v had several 4-strokes-some hondas, mostly yamahas, and some suzukis but i have more fun on a 2-stroke 250 so that what I got now as my race bike (along with a few others to play on). The frame thats sitting in my shop now will soon be an RM 250.

Go Red!!

That's alot of Red! Good luck selling your used CRF's! I got lucky and sold my '06 for $5700. Had to let some extras go though.

If you buy one of these new, plan on keeping it awhile as the resale is getting tough due to market saturation. No doubt they are excellent machines though!