Sign in to follow this  

LPNF ride Piru creek? 8/17

So Deyosurf and I are going out to Gorman on Thursday. I think we are going to ride the Piru Creek trail to Halfmoon, up Grade Valley road, up to Yellowjacket, and back on Piru creek. Its been talked about in the other thread and I think we are going to try it Thursday.

Anyone want to come? Preferably someone whose done it before, because it looks like some spots its hard to follow the trail.

You guys are in for an adventure. Take plenty of water and get ready to slog it out for about 3-4 miles of wet, rocky, and sandy creek bottom once you pass the base of Miller on the second part of the Piru. Someone posted that the tough section was only like a 1/2 mile but it's much farther then that. Miles farther. Also don't worry to much about being on the trail. Because for much of if not all of the tough section there simply is no trail. I parked my bike many times and walked all over looking for a trail and never really found one. In some sections you can see where a trail once existed but it's pretty much long gone. Just try to find the best line you can and go for it. I would join you but working this week. I could do it the following week. Take your time and have fun. It will be a ride to remember for sure.

Very cool, thanks for the advice. It sounds like fun, we'll just be sure to get an early start, and take our time and take lots of water.

Someone posted that the tough section was only like a 1/2 mile but it's much farther then that. Miles farther.

I think that was me. Thinking back on it, yes, the entire single track section is tough. What I call a fun kind of tough. For the most part I could ride over it. The hardest part I could not just ride over. At one point is was only a few hunderd yards at a time, then a cool down rest. That's where my friend and I were wondering if we should turn back. We decided to go a bit further, and then it got easier.

I drank all the 3 liters of water that I brought that day.

I am looking forward to this ride, Does anyone have the exact mileage of this loop including the section on the fire road? Anyway I have my big tank and skid plate now so that is a big weight off my mind for rides now.

Any other takers???

:ride: Here's a couple of pics from Piru Creek a few weeks ago (Click for full-size)

th_20060709_LosPadresNF_062.jpgRocks

th_20060709_LosPadresNF_080.jpgMud

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Post a ride report. My buddy and i are going up on Fri morning, so I wanna get some up to date trail info. Thanks :thumbsup:

Post a ride report. My buddy and i are going up on Fri morning, so I wanna get some up to date trail info. Thanks :thumbsup:

I hope they are not still trying to push the bikes across the Piru. So how did it go guys?

gotta be a smart ass LMFAO thats the james we all know and love

Of course :thumbsup: