Sign in to follow this  

Need help fast

hey guys, i'm checking my valves for the first time on my '06, and right now i'm at the point where i'm removing the head

well is the rubber gasket around the head supposed to come off with the head or stay on the cylinder body because half is on the head and the other half is stuck on the cylinder body?

Any help would be greatly apperciated :thumbsup:

thanks

wait your taking the head off just to check the valves? or the valve cover? if its the valve cover the gasket is supposed to stay with the head because it has sealent on it to hold it to the head.

If you are talking about the rubber gasket on the valve cover then it should stay with the valve cover. Otherwise, you will not be able to properly line up your timing marks on the cam sprockets. Two of the marks must be flush with the head surface. NOT the rubber gasket surface!

i just leave the gasket on so that i dont have to re-apply sealant everytime i check my valves.i just eyeball the timing marks. usually i go by the top 2 rather then the lower 2. it hasnt done me wrong so-far(knock on wood)