YZ250f suspension help????

I also posted this in the 250f forum, but I thought this may be more beneficial. I finally got my 2003 250f engine where I want it, plus some, and now I am looking for some advise on the suspension. I can not get the suspension to work well at all no mater where I adjust the clickers, so I am thinking revalve. What do you guys think of the 03 250F's suspension? I am looking for some suggestions to what I should do. I am not apposed to doing the work my self, but I would much rather have somebody else do the work. I weight around 165-170, so I do not think I need different springs. I live in Pittsburgh, and Pro-action is no too far from me. Does anybody have any experience with them? I ride mainly woods quite aggressively, but I do also ride mx on occasion. Is it even possible to have a suspension that works well at both by only changing the clickers? I have also looked into a couple other companies, but some of them look like they specialize in Honda or Kawi. I am looking to spend around $300-$400 total. I am also not sure if I should have both the forks and shock done. The shock feels okay, as apposed the the forks that I do not like. But, it may be the shock making the fork not work correctly. As you can tell by my post, I have no Idea what to do, or where to start. Please give me some advise.

Found a local place called DEK. The guy there said that I don't need new valves, but proper stacks can achieve the desired effect. He charges 165 for forks and 155 for shocks - service and changing the valve stacks. Did anybody ever here of DEK, and how does the price sound.

Give John Currea of MX-Tech East Coast a call. He has done the work on my son Chris's bikes for over six years now. We are currently riding an 06 yz250F off-road and John has a very good set-up for those bikes. Plus he is very close in Enon Valley and will even have you come over to the shop so he can make sure you have everything like sag set up right. I promise you will be satisfied. 724-336-3293

The forks do have some valving issues that year. The price is resonable and make sure he'll work with you if he doesn't get it done right the first time.

The shock has decent valving for what you want. You might just want to go with a fork revlalve and see how that works out for you first.

Good luck.

chrismxer,

From what I have read (researched), my 03 does need valve modifications and the guy at DEK only changes the stack. He does not modify or change the valve itself. I have narrowed my options down to 2. DEK for the front and rear. Or Pro-Action for just the forks. Pro-action does change the valving. What do you think.

chrismxer,

From what I have read (researched), my 03 does need valve modifications and the guy at DEK only changes the stack. He does not modify or change the valve itself. I have narrowed my options down to 2. DEK for the front and rear. Or Pro-Action for just the forks. Pro-action does change the valving. What do you think.

Just curious why you eliminated John from MX-Tech East? ?

The only reason that I am not concitering MX-Tech is that I would have to ship my forks there, raising my cost significantly. I do not race and do not need the very best. I just want alot better than I have without spending a mint. DEK is 15 minutes from me and Pro-action is 45 minutes. I talked to the head tech at pro-action this morning. After talking to him, I am leaning towards them. They do alot more than "shim shuffling." It will cost me $225 for the valve work, which is more than DEK, but from my research the 03 does need valve work and not just a shim stack change.

I have used MX-Tech for my KTM and if they can make WP crap work then the KYB stuff has to be easy! John runs a one man shop so you get personal service not a 17 y/o rookie putting your stuff together...not sure how many "techs" the P/A home office uses but it's likely your forks won't get worked on by the "head" tech...JMO!

MX-Tech has a mid-valve set-up that is far above most other tuners. They also fix the CV problems on the Yamaha fork.

It's your money! Spend it where you feel the most comfortable. Call John and see if he impresses you?