Sign in to follow this  

Oil coming out from the engine ? KLX110

My son was riding on a dirt trail and fell off his bike. When it was down some oil came out. It started right back up and ran fine the rest of the day. We are going riding this weekend so I put some more oil in and it started coming out again from the rear of the engine but I could't see where ( I may have put in too much oil). When it stopped dripping there was still oil in the case. My question is is there a crank case breather that oil would come out of. Is there a crack in the upper part of the case that only spills when the bike is tipped (or too much oil)? Has anyone else had this problem ? HELP!

How many CC's of Oil are you putting in it when you change the Oil? Sounds like you may be putting to much in if its coming out the back of the motor, thats where the breather is routed to...

Eric

Speed Pro

Sounds like you are over filling the crank case with oil and it is comming out the breather tube. :ride:

Level the bike and check the sight window on the right side engine cover. The oil should be between the two marks. :thumbsup:

even with the oil level at normal height, when the bike lays over, if the oil makes it to the breather hose & the engine is still running the crankcase pressure that normally escapes through the breather will pump the oil out :thumbsup:

not to act like I want your bike to break or anything, but it will be fine, when I crash my klx 110 the bike looses some oil sometimes. My friends drz 110 has a crack in the engine that makes him loose about 50 ml of oil an hour, but he still rides it. they are bulletproof. I have another friend that runs 2 stroke gas in his 110 when he runs out of 4 stroke. Just don't worry to much about it man. Ive beaten my bike every day for 4 ears and the bike still runs good.