Sign in to follow this  

Its time, the 03 must go...

Well ttrers, my 03 ttr is just plain getting worn out, the motor is tired, the frame is getting streteched and bent and some parts are becoming plain unusable. So ive decided to get an 05 or newer 125L or LE and transfer all my parts from one bike to another and sell my poor old 03. My Q to you is..what do you think i should get? a 125L or LE Ive got the L right now and dont need an E at all but the resale is better and when its cold its always nice to have a button (admit it). They havent changed anything in the past few years on it either right? Plus i like the LE cause the Rear shock has the resivore on it. So is it the L or LE?

The other night when riding my ttr i had had it pinned for 10-15 seconds about to hit our step up and landed it safelybut the there was this wierd rattleing inthe motor that sounded like the timing chain was slaping around. I shut the bike off immedately for fear of smashing the piston into the valves and took it to the garage. I pulled the cam chain tensioner and that was functioning perfectly normally. Im going to pull the head in the next couple of days and check it out but has any one else had symptoms similar to this? What happened was all the sudden it lost all its power, then the rattleing, then dead! But it did start after this but had a bad ratteling.

Any help would be appreciated!!! Now i cant--> :thumbsup: it sux!!!

Ride one of your other bikes :ride:

Also, I love my magic button on my bike, but it does add weight, so if you're concerned about weight then don't get the E :thumbsup:

Ride one of your other bikes :ride:

Also, I love my magic button on my bike, but it does add weight, so if you're concerned about weight then don't get the E :thumbsup:

Nope cant ride,

CRF450R-->neighbors would kill me

CR250R-->up for sale, to clean to ride

RM85L--> Currently undergoing a top end job

TTR125L--> Top end torn down, trying to figure out what is wrong.

Might go with the E...

The LE has an aluminum swingarm unlike the older L models. The LE forks are also adjustable on top, preload or something, and like you said it has the better rear shock. So I would go with the LE. I have had both, the LE and L, and there wasnt a noticable difference in weight between the two.

:thumbsup: LE LE LE LE LE :ride:

I wouldn't tried my e-start for anything.
common if you get the LE just for the electric start thats pathetic.. its a 125 its not going to kill you to kick it, i think my 4 yo cousin could start my bike.

they chain shouldnt come lose unless the tensioner is either stuck or you chain is stretched bad but id think that would be gradual not all of a sudden.

The LE has an aluminum swingarm unlike the older L models. The LE forks are also adjustable on top, preload or something, and like you said it has the better rear shock. So I would go with the LE. I have had both, the LE and L, and there wasnt a noticable difference in weight between the two.

:thumbsup: LE LE LE LE LE :ride:

I didnt know about the aluminum swinger, adjustable forks dont matter since i will be transfering the yz85 forks from my ttr.

Thanks for the tip about the cam chain ndawg22

if you have had the head off lately take the cam cover and make sure the nut that holds the sprocket on is tight.. i fogot to tighten it with the torque wrench and it started makin a noise all of a sudden...could have been a disaster!!!

valves are not loose, those are checked regularly, and i took off the head and cylinder, ordered a new piston from BBR (150kit) when i took off the cam sprocket bolt it was torked to spec so idk :thumbsup:

common if you get the LE just for the electric start thats pathetic.. its a 125 its not going to kill you to kick it, i think my 4 yo cousin could start my bike.

they chain shouldnt come lose unless the tensioner is either stuck or you chain is stretched bad but id think that would be gradual not all of a sudden.

I could always start mine by hand (using the kick starter.)