massachusetts? lets go riding

I just drove to Groton MA to my friends house and I brought my YZ426. So far ive been tearing the hell out of some sandpits and I havent had any trouble with cops or anything. I hear that there arent any legal places to ride here, oh well. I think that everyone who lives in this area and around it should take their bikes out, because the more there are, the less anyone can do about it. I dont know if anyone else who lives here looks on this page but i thought it would be worth a shot. So tell me if you wanna ride, im here the rest of the week i think.

Dude I have been to Pittsfield state park, and October Mountain,

? both good riding. Were is Groton in relation to them two? I am usually the only bike out of 10 quads. Would like to hook up with guys in the area and go there and Pennsylvania. :ride:

I just drove to Groton MA to my friends house and I brought my YZ426. So far ive been tearing the hell out of some sandpits and I havent had any trouble with cops or anything. I hear that there arent any legal places to ride here, oh well. I think that everyone who lives in this area and around it should take their bikes out, because the more there are, the less anyone can do about it. I dont know if anyone else who lives here looks on this page but i thought it would be worth a shot. So tell me if you wanna ride, im here the rest of the week i think.

This type of thinking will not preserve our riding areas but yet anger land owners and push to have our sport outlawed. Please ride respectively. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

• 2 years later...
Nobody can stop people who love riding from riding.

Good old southern thinking doesnt work in this ridiculous state. Im a P.O. here in Ma. hopefully for not too much longer and Im just as frustrated as the rest of you. Just dont be stupid like rippin up the street or too close to houses. Most of the time it doesnt matter. If the residents call the police they are gonna come and yes, in a small town like Groton it will be treated like the crime of the century. Do your research and dont abuse the riding spots that you find.

• 3 weeks later...

Well said. Remember if we ride our areas, stay respectful and don't make to much noise, people don't call the cops. No cops= zero problems.

I gotta think for the most part the last thing a cop wants to do is bust a dude on a dirt bike. But if non stops complaints come in they have no choice. I have been riding all my local spots for 4 years now and have never once had any kind of issue. Now if I invited along a bunch of guys with 2 strokes ( nothing against two strokes ) and we stayed in the same spot for hours and littered then yes we would have problems.

If you want to keep your spots be smart about it guys!

Good old southern thinking doesnt work in this ridiculous state. Im a P.O. here in Ma. hopefully for not too much longer and Im just as frustrated as the rest of you. Just dont be stupid like rippin up the street or too close to houses. Most of the time it doesnt matter. If the residents call the police they are gonna come and yes, in a small town like Groton it will be treated like the crime of the century. Do your research and dont abuse the riding spots that you find.

do a little reasarch. their are 5 ir 6 parks in Mass that are legal and free.

. Now if I invited along a bunch of guys with 2 strokes ( nothing against two strokes ) and we stayed in the same spot for hours and littered then yes we would have problems.

? 4strokes are WAY louder than 2strokes..those pesky 250f's are the loudest by far :moon:

? 4strokes are WAY louder than 2strokes..those pesky 250f's are the loudest by far :moon:

I am gonna regret saying this but what the hell.

At least I am not afraid to get my pesky F muddy like some people I know. But I will not mention any names.