Sign in to follow this  

head gasket

hey guys,i recently noticed that my head gasket had slightly popped out so i took my tank and head off and put it back in place.i looked at it again today and it popped out again.has this happened to any of you?i have a new one on order but was wondering whether i should ride like this.i haven't washed it with fear of water getting in there but are there other precationary steps i should take?also,i recently set my sag and noticed that the bike seemed to be sitting a substantial amount lower without my weight on it.Is this normal?its not bottoming out and feels much better now that the sag is set but feels alot lower.any help appreciated!

LOL :thumbsup:

Dude, you didn't take your head off you took the valve cover off, if the head gasket blew you'd have coolant dripping everywere and you can't just push that back in ha ha. Check that the VALVE COVER vent hose isn't blocked. If it is blocked the pressure created by the motor is not able to vent and blowing the valve cover gasket out as a result of not being able to release the pressure.