Sign in to follow this  

CR125 or CRF250?

ok well, i already posted this question in the general forums but got a lot of different opinions.

im going to be buying a new bike within a year and cant decide which to get. i want the bike thats easier to maintain, which would probably be the cr125. but i also want the faster bike. i need to know the horsepower for both these bikes.

i know these bikes are both in the same racing class, so i would think they should have about the same power, but people are saying the crf250 is way better. i dont understand why the crf250 can race in the 125cc class and have an advantage.

:thumbsup:

Go with the CR125.

There is a very big chance that 250f won't be legal to race in the 125cc class come october or so.

I say the CR125 My friend has a CRF250r and it just doesn't have that power hook up in the high RPM range like my CR125 I think they are equal judging from my friends CRF250R they have the same power but I can tell you now I drag raced him and he stayed right at my side till I hit powerbands and then I was gone the thing with 4-strokes they have steady power there isn't a big power hook up all at once like the CR125 when you pull the throttle of a a CRF250R you will notice that it has a big kick through the gear but so does the CR125 but when the CR125 hits powervands it goes from a kick to a smack down their really two very different bikes.

Go with the CR125.

There is a very big chance that 250f won't be legal to race in the 125cc class come october or so.

Where are you getting this information? That is very hard to believe.

im going to use it mostly to ride trails around my neighborhood and drag race with my friends. i might get into mx though...

Yeah the CR125 is awesome I love mine it's a kick ass drag bike, perfect Mx bike, and i love mine on the trails especially on the hills just pin it in powerbands and you will fly up the hills I'm speaking from experience it's not my opinion I don't like my friends CRF250R it's how would say........... predictable power the CR125 isn't like that because it has unpredictable power!!!

Go with the CR125.

Yeah dude where are you getting that info that's the only class a 250f will be in unless they make a 250f specific class which is possible. :thumbsup:

you said he stayed at your side, but are you saying the cr125 is faster when it comes to drag racing?

Yeah dude where are you getting that info that's the only class a 250f will be in unless they make a 250f specific class which is possible. :thumbsup:

From an AMA congressman.

The 4-strokes are easier to ride, less fun to ride, and a ton harder to work on. 2-strokes may go away someday, so I plan to ride them til they pry them from my hands cause they are SO much more fun to ride.

If its hot and you dump your thumper you might get to kick it alot. On my KTM 300 I had for 2 year, I don't think I ever kicked it 3 times. 1 or 2 times max. Most of my other 2-strokes have been the same, and if I did kick it 3 times it was usually cause I didn't give it a good kick once or twice. I had a 1978 maico 400 that you could push 5 ft and bump the clutch and it would start. :thumbsup: Good thing, it liked to kick back.

Anyways, I'd go for the 2-stroke. Some day you'll have to ride 4-strokes, so if you dont maximize your time now, you'll miss out on what IMO is the most fun on 2 wheels.

Cheers,

I'd have to agree m8 Ive been riding 4 strokes all my life and finally got a chance to ride a 2 stroke.. it was an 80 but it was fast fun and I got the Itch.. I am now trying to get financing for an '07 cr125.. 2 strokes all the way.