Sign in to follow this  

Tracking down an MSO

Anybody got any Suzuki specific tips on getting a title if you only have a bill of sale and you have no idea who the original owner was?

I am in TN, so all I need is an MSO to get plates. It's an E model, so I am pretty positive it has never been titled.

I tried calling my local Suzuki dealer to see if they could track down the origin of the bike, and they said it was bought in Texas originally. Is there a number for Suzuki North America, or a good dealer that could help me get a duplicate MSO?

they should be able to find the orginal selling dealer, that's who has the MSO more then likely. One thing you might find is that they might only release it to the party they sold the bike to.... That's what a local honda dealer did to me when I brought a used bike from a private party. but on another instance, a brought a used YZ from a dealer and they got a reissued mso for me one time, throught the original selling dealer.. Maybe one of the guys who work at a dealership could chim in and give you more definitive answers and help....

The local dealer said they could only tell me where it was from. And that was Helotes, TX. I don't know what to do aside from call all the suzuki dealers in San Antonio. Talk about a crapshoot.

I had this problem with a quad I was trying to buy out of Wyoming but the owner bought it in Utah. Everyone I talked to including the locale dealer and DMV said I would have to contact the manufacture. Here in Utah you have to register just about everything and without an MSO you can’t do that or get a title. I just got the big run around so I gave up on buying the quad. Try Suzuki Customer Service 1-714-572-1490 and see what they say. Good luck.

Thanks, I called Suzuki and they told me any authorized dealer can help you file for a duplicate MSO with suzuki. I told the nice lady that I was met with confusion when I asked thisof my dealer, and she said to get them to call Suzuki, to prove they can do it.

Funny you should mention this, since I'm going through the same thing. (I bought an E in New Jersey and I lost the unsigned MSO). The dealer will issue the MSO in the original owner's name and then I need to find the guy to sign it over to me (I didn't buy it from him, so that will cost a couple of bucks). I may be able to get by the Maryland MVA with just the MSO, but I doubt it. Since your bike came from Texas, you may be able to get a bonded title for $100 (do a google search).

Good luck!!!