Sign in to follow this  

Corbin seat is the BOMB!!

Bought my 400s 7 weeks ago and it came with the gel seat. On one ride that was less than 30 miles my bum actually hurt afterwards. :applause:

Was considering getting a stock seat but decided to go with the Corbin. A few beers, a tiff with the wife and a attitude got me to spring the dough. Man what a difference!! Plenty of room and comfort for riding up front but a nice flat cruising platform toward the rear for my size XL butt. This seat is more comfortable than the seat I had on my cruiser years ago.

Install was a little difficult but not too bad. Corbin had a disclaimer regarding the Clarke 3.9 tank saying that they had not confirmed fit with their seat. It lined up just fine on the tank and middle bracket but the brackets with the holes for the bolts were grossly misaligned. (nothing to do with the tank, spacing between the brackets was about a quarter inch too wide) I had to make slots out of their mounting holes to the seat. This closed the gap between the two brackets enough to get the seat to mount along with my rack.

If you get a chance to sit on one I highly recommend it! :thumbsup::ride:

One of my buddies who used to own a DRZ took mine for a spin the other day. He was amazed at my Corbin. He felt it really enhanced the feel of the bike. He said he always felt like he was riding 'on top of' his and now he felt liek he was riding 'in it'.

Being short and fat... I really like the amount it lowered me.

I bought a corbi seat too. I don't know if I like the way it makes you slide forward when you hit the brakes. Over all it's good but that one factor I don't like.

I also love the Corbin seat. I could never go back to the stock seat/brick :ride:. Didn't care much for the cost, but after initial break in I'm glad I invested. For me it made the seat height perfect and the time spent in the saddle now is just plain fun :thumbsup:. I went with the higher handle bars and it seemed to improve the sliding forward and also a much better riding position.

I've had a corbin on the tengai for over 16 years now, one of the first changes I made to it. Just now starting to have a seam fail on it, but hope to have another year or two left on it. It has over 100,000 miles on it :thumbsup:

I'm looking for higher seat height...do they sell that style too?

is it this one?

http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/drz400.shtml

i am 5'7 so im looking for something comfortable but that will also lower seat height.

thanks

I am also the same height as you. I could only touch on the very tops of my tip toes with the original seat. Very difficult with uneven terrain :applause:. With the Corbin I can now touch on both sides with the balls of my feet flat :ride::applause::applause:. The increased width on the back of the seat is the part that gives you the comfort for long rides :thumbsup:. The front of the seat is the stock width. I didn't think that the gel seat provided that. Yes that is the Corbin I bought but I selected a different color scheme. There are many different fabrics and colors available for no extra charge. They will also change the thickness of the foam for no charge. I chose not to change the stock configuration of my forks or my shock linkage and I don't regret it. :applause:

I'll be glad to take your used seat off your hands, drop me a P.M.

I just ordered my Corbin and asked for the seat nose to be built up with extra foam to avoid rider slipping forward.

Seat height is not a problem for me and I dont do much serious offroad riding.

Would be interested to hear others opinion of the extra foam on seat nose modification

According to Corbin, its a common request

Thats the beauty of Corbin, they custom make the seats when you order. You can have them made however you want, usually with no extra fee.

I love mine and cant wait to do a long trip. I had corbin add one inch to the low front section and put the black gripper top with asphault sides like this one

http://www.corbin.com/honda/crf450r.shtml

I will take some pics tomorrow.

I am 5'9" and can touch the ground much better than with stock seat even with the inch added.

The seat has only been ridden 300 miles and I am sure it will get more comfortable with time.

That looks really nice.... :thumbsup: I think I just got my new seat fabric picked out.

Did you go there to Hollister and have them make it for you; or did you mail order?

Let's see some pics of it on your bike!

I put a Corbin on my DRZ this spring. I think it's the best seat out there for all types of riding. I had them put the gripper material on the top (in silver) with blue carbon fiber on the sides.

Definitely the ticket for shorter folks

BJ