Sign in to follow this  

Just got a 1996 YZ250, in pieces.

Hello everyone, I just recently purchased a 1996 YZ250. The motor is apart but i have everything. I'm looking for for an online shop manual, preferably free to use for this little project of mine.

Also where is a good place to buy OEM parts that has a microfiche. I normally use ronayers.com for my DR350, but they did not have any options for a 96 YZ.

gulley: I tell you this thing looks pretty damn good even though its in pieces. I am so excited! I have some scratched up blue plastics, but also some nicer black ones as well. The frame is a little rusted around the bottom, especially where the boots rubbed, but I got a can of yamaha blue paint, and my first priority is sanding and touching that up.

Before this, my only bike is a 1990 DR350 with an overbore to 440. Lots of torque, but gets flat up top. This will be a new expirience, but with the better suspension, i think i will be hitting jumps alot easier.

But before that, so much to do! Thanks for the links, i greatly appreciate it. And should I have anymore ?'s I will be sure to ask here.

Im pretty sure my engine is the same as urs, and what a great one. Once you get that thing jetted it pulls to the moon. the 96' model has alot more selection of parts because the plastics are the same from 96-01. But get some pics of it before and after. If you havent seen mine its in my garage. Good Luck! :thumbsup: