Sign in to follow this  

Tire help.....Please!

I have a CRF450R that I have street plated. The rear tire needs to be replaced. I would like to replace it with a tire that will last the longest. I ride it very little on the street but most of the areas I ride are as hard as concrete. The bike came stock with Dunlops but I'm open to suggestions. I would imagine the compound would need to be hard.

Thanks in advance.

I put a Pirelli MT18's on my TTR 250 this past weekend. Not happy with them at all. After less than 75 miles they are chunking. 1st & last time I will be using Pirelli's. I ride on intermediate surfaces. I'm going to try either Kenya's or Maxxis next.

Rich TTR250

Jesse TTR125L

The Dunlop D739 is a harder compound than the D756 that came on my CRF. You might try that one? I have a Pirelli MT-21 on now, it's a DOT legal tire, and it's lasting much longer. It's not as good in soft stuff, it's a tough tire and holding up well on pavement and rocks. I haven't had any problems with the MT-21 like triplebike did with his 18's.

I ride hardpack 90% of the time too. I think I finally found the perfect combo (for me):

M a x x i s MaxxCross IT out back

D u n l o p 742 up front

The D739 may be a good choice for you. Though, if you're riding in any kind of soft terrain at all, I'd suggest a different tire.