Sign in to follow this  

Tag T2 Double High Bars

Anyone using or tried the Tag T2 Double high bars. I am thinking of getting some. I have searched the threads and only found a few postings on these particular bars. I already have a tall seat and plan on getting some lower pegs. I am 6"5. Any input is appreciated.

Anyone using or tried the Tag T2 Double high bars. I am thinking of getting some. I have searched the threads and only found a few postings on these particular bars. I already have a tall seat and plan on getting some lower pegs. I am 6"5. Any input is appreciated.

Yep, I'm about 6'1", and tried them on my '05 CRF450 (TAG CR double hi). I also have a taller seat and lowered IMS pegs. I keep switching back and forth with the factory Renthals. For some reason the Tags seemed to set me too far back on the bike, and I get arm pump faster, but I really haven't had enough consistent ride time to do much of a comparision. They do feel good just sitting on the bike though. I imagine at 6'5" you'd probably like them, especially if arm pump is not an issue with you.

Nick

I used to run a pair of them before I got the Flexxbars. I liked them. One thing to consider is they have a different taper leading away from the bar mount area, which is really only an issue if you are trying to put on bark busters. I couldn't get the off the shelf bark busters to fit properly because the diameter of the bar where the mount would go was too narrow and tapered. I had to shim it with a piece of hose clamp, which worked, but wasn't ideal.

ben

I wonder how they compare with the Pastrana FMX, and KX High bend which are the highest offered by Pro Taper or Renthal that I am aware of. Both of these bends have very little sweep.