getting ready to buy a crf150f how to deal with the dealer

First off, why are you buying a CRF150 new? Those little off road honda 4 strokes are incredibley reliable and a used CRF150 will perform just as well as a new one. Plus, you will save some money buying used. That is what I recommend.

OR, you could just get a TTR125E or TTR125L for $2399 from TT. http://oem.thumpertalk.com/2006offroad.aspx

Yeah, be firm with the sales manager (don't mess with the salesman, he's just an in between) but don't low ball the dealer or they will take you as a joke. Find out what the retail is and try to negotiate about $150-$200 below the MSRP price for the OTD price. Don't tell the sales manager your payment method (cash, check, finance) until after the OTD price has been established because if they find out you're gonna finance it they can pull the whole "how much can you pay a month" deal and rip you off on the OTD price. Good luck young grasshopper

Yeah, be firm with the sales manager (don't mess with the salesman, he's just an in between) but don't low ball the dealer or they will take you as a joke. Find out what the retail is and try to negotiate about $150-$200 below the MSRP price for the OTD price. Don't tell the sales manager your payment method (cash, check, finance) until after the OTD price has been established because if they find out you're gonna finance it they can pull the whole "how much can you pay a month" deal and rip you off on the OTD price. Good luck young grasshopper

?

That sounds like a LOT of money for a little bike though although I have never priced them. You may want to have an older person in the loop too. Not sure if minors can do the dmv thing. Hope you test ride a friends to make sure that model is what you want.

Isn't there a deep discount place in CA? In so cal? I know there is one in so cal and in the sf bay area for yamahas. And as always give the TT store a call.