Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone rebuilt their CR125 lately?

I have a CR125 and I think it's time to rebuild the motor. The rings piston and the whole nine yards has anyone done this lately how much was it, did you do it yourself if not how much was labor, and did it make a difference?

Thanks In Advance :thumbsup:

well, im doing mine right now, rod, crank, bearings, piston,top-end, and all new gaskets for the whole motor. it cost me around 300 and i did my labor myself. well its going to make a difference seeing as my motor didnt run at all, so for me yes.

sounds cool you're going all out your doing the crank and everything I don't blame you if you're allready in the motor why not fix whatever else is wrong I'm going to have to look into all the specs for my bike and what bike are you doing it on.

costs about $100, and should only take an hour to do.

its a really simple job, just buy a top end kit from motosport or somethin.

you'll need piston, rings, head gasket, base gasket, exhaust valve gasket, needle bearings, wrist pin, and circlips.

make sure youve got a torque wrench

cool I'm going to be doing this for the first time so i'm pretty much exploring iside the motor but I do know a lot about mechanics I just haven't rebuilt a motor before.

did you guys replace anything else in the motor while you were in there like the reeds?

im doing it for a 95 cr 125, same specs as yours i believe engine wise.i saw a piaton, pin, ring kit for $75 for our engines, but i weent on ebay for the rest of the stuff and got some pretty good deals.

if i were you i would port and polish it. its really simple and you will feel performance gains from just that.best to do it while doing a rebuild (just easier because everything is already taken apart.

if i were you i would port and polish it. its really simple and you will feel performance gains from just that.best to do it while doing a rebuild (just easier because everything is already taken apart.

DO NOT port and polish it yourself, you WILL screw it up if you dont know what your doin. if you would like to get it ported then send it to eric gorr.

i wouldnt recommend porting, there is no sense in putting money into an old bike, and besides that, it decreases the resale valve.

if you need more snap, then buy a 250.

as for other things, clean out the exhaust valve (EV) so it doesnt stick on ya later.

a manual with torque specs would be handy for any engine work.

i was a bit nervous the first time i did a top end, just take your time and do it right, its an easy job but if you screw it up its serious.

cool I'm going to figure up how much it will all be here soon so i know how much it will be as a total

i thought you were a 12 year old B-class rider lookin for a sponsership, you should be givin us advise :thumbsup: