Sign in to follow this  

everyone is always asking for these

i saw some red anodized aluminum cones like those and i thought about gettin them for my '06 cause it seems like the rubber ones are always moving then i decided not to because im thinkin that they will keep the mounts from moving and bend my bars instead of moving the rubber. i can get along with re-setting my mounts everytime i wreck but not buy new bars everytime i wreck. unless someone has these aluminum ones and can prove my thoughts wrong, im sticking with the stock rubber cones.

i ate it pretty good one time and didnt bend the bars but i actually bent one of the bar mounts........the bolt part that goes thru the cones.

i ate it pretty good one time and didnt bend the bars but i actually bent one of the bar mounts........the bolt part that goes thru the cones.
I've done the same thing twice to a set of Renthal adapters. Makes me want to throw down and just get a badass set of triple clamps.

I've done the same thing twice to a set of Renthal adapters. Makes me want to throw down and just get a badass set of triple clamps.

lol i ended up buying the protaper superstock clamps and seling my aluminum cone things to someone on here but i wish i woulda spent the extra dough to get the rg3 tripple clamps cuz they look soo much better and i kinda got a red theme goin on my bike...the protaper ones are fine just no bling to them

the rubber mount helps with like vibration and feel of the handle bar.

i wouldnt put the aluminum cones in there. i bet if arm pump wasnt a problem and stuff that it would be.