Sign in to follow this  

FCR-MX Quick questions??

I received my TT FCR-MX kit today!! :thumbsup: I have a few simple questions for now, i'm sure more will follow.

1. It looks like the Intake Manifold p/n 13111-29F00 can be turned either way to fit on to the carb. But their is no way to line up the rubber extensions to fit the line up pegs for both, the carb and the head. Does it matter how this is installed. The manifold has writing on one side, does this go toward the head or the carb?

2. The stock TPS. Do I just unscrew it from the stock carb and tie off the wire to the frame and leave it there, or is it connected somewhere by a plug that can be removed?

Thanks in advance. Simple questions for some, but not for me.

I received my TT FCR-MX kit today!! :ride: I have a few simple questions for now, i'm sure more will follow.

1. It looks like the Intake Manifold p/n 13111-29F00 can be turned either way to fit on to the carb. But their is no way to line up the rubber extensions to fit the line up pegs for both, the carb and the head. Does it matter how this is installed. The manifold has writing on one side, does this go toward the head or the carb?

2. The stock TPS. Do I just unscrew it from the stock carb and tie off the wire to the frame and leave it there, or is it connected somewhere by a plug that can be removed?

Thanks in advance. Simple questions for some, but not for me.

1/ The manifold has different size slots in the locating lugs, line up the one

that fits the head, and trim the other off, if it's in the way.

2/ Leave the stock TPS on the Mikuni, it has an in-line connector hidden behind the edge of the airbox door.

Just tape the exposed plug up, and tie it back out of the way.

Neil.

:thumbsup::applause::applause:

Thanks Neil. Just so i'm clear, no need to unscrew the TPS from the stock carb that is being removed. I just need to unplug the in-line connector which is behind the airbox door, then tape off the other half of the connector that is left behind. Correct?

Did you put locktite or anything else on the vacuum port nipple when installing it into the head?

no need to unscrew the TPS from the stock carb that is being removed. I just need to unplug the in-line connector which is behind the airbox door, then tape off the other half of the connector that is left behind. Correct?

Did you put locktite or anything else on the vacuum port nipple when installing it into the head?

1/ Correct, you got it.

2/ I will not be using the nipple, not needed over here in the land of proper fuel taps.

But I would probably use Blue Hylomar sealer if I was fitting it.

I did use blue loctite on the needle retaining plug, and on the bell mouth screws.

Neil.

:thumbsup::ride::applause:

What kind of DRZ do you have that there is a "door" on your airbox? Mine has no door on it! Please explain.

Left side cover has three metal twistlocks that release to open a plastic hatch to access the air cleaner. 2006 DRZ400 SM

Zcop,

I just installed my FCR-MX, and did not use blue loctite on anything. I asked Burned whether I should use it on the bolts that hold the top and float bowl, and he said no. The hardest part of the install for me, was getting the tank back on, because the petcock hit the choke knob. I took the lid from a margarine container, and put it between the petcock and the choke knob, and that was just enough to let the tank slip back on.

You'll be very pleased with the performance gain! Good luck.

Thanks for the info., i'll be doing the install tonight. I can't wait to ride it!!