Sign in to follow this  

Have you seen this?

Weird.... Max. power output: 24 KW 7.000 min. 24 KW 7.250 min (440 version).

Both the 400 and the 440 make the same power, and the 440 at a higher RPM. Must have more torque or something.

What's 24 KW come out to, 32 hp?

And a 140 rear tire? Dang isn't ours like a 110? (I run bigger than stock so I can't remember)

I wonder if there is an importer somewhere that can get these, or if you order one if they will ship it to you? I cant read this site very well, I need an interpreter or something.

:thumbsup:

Ebay seller?? "powercyclesinc" (w/22 rating) in Miami,Fl had one up last month w/a starting price tag at $6,700.00,buy it now $7,800.00 ??

Item#150002620665 , ended 7/3/06 but recieved no bids, may still have it ??

Too thick for my thin budget,

later riders,

JP

A Honda shop in either Lynnwood or Everett, WA (I am pretty sure it was Everett) had one of the 650SM bikes available a few months ago. It was black.

I bet Honda is gauging interest in the U.S. After all the Supermoto makes sense as they don't have anything for that here. I bet we see the XR back in a couple years.

It wouldn't be for competition SM, just for people to ride on the road.

that would be 272.8 dry weight pounds with the button and the street kit.

it's close to the xr i've read the australians get with all the street legal stuff, but they are the L model and abit under powerd i think.

this one's got the 440. probly easy to get street legalized. interesting.

it's close to the xr i've read the australians get with all the street legal stuff, but they are the L model and abit under powerd i think.

Hi Im Aussie and got a 98 XR400R standard road rego'ed

aint no L model for me

why couldnt honda continued building XR400 and 250s??! they should have continued to built them even if they just replaced the plasitcs with CRF styled ones.

This is the only one we have left - a 250L

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com.au/motorcycle+range/off+road/trail/xr250l+06.htm

I imagine that the 400 uses the same running gear as this.

...maybe the magic button as well ???

Soft or not, I want one. I am sure it could be beefed up.

Who has an unmodified XR here anyway ?

So, if my less than good math skills tell me: The xr440 weighs 272.8 lbs. and u add 2.5 gals. of gas at 6lbs. per gal.? Your bike would weigh in at 290.8 lbs.

That's alot for single track tight switchbacks in th knarly loose rocky/steep.

But u could lose alot of it by stripping it after u get it licensed for street.

Mines a xr440r bought in the state of Oregon next door to us here in Washington state. They have far less restrictive rules on licensing Japenese dirt bikes. Had him get it street legalized just by signing some paperwork. They didn't even look at it! It had no street anything on it.

Brought it over here and got it licensed at the second place I went to. almost thought it wasn't gonna work! I just added bare basics and use hand turn signals. It's legal as long as it's daylight. Put a baja designs brake light switch, one mirror left side and the kit with glass lens and 50 watt headlight bulb by baja designs. My bike weighs 273 with a full tank of gas.

So the biggest thing is it's street legal right out the door where your at and u can strip alot of stuff to make it lighter. I did this with a drz4oos that weighed 290 without gas! So your way ahead of Suzuki drz and with the button! I would love to have the button. I might go with an autoclutch to keep the weight down to get around it stalling in the most precarious situations!

We envy u guys in Australia. Seems u have more choices with stuff like that.

The 250Ls in aus arn't all they crack up to be there slow as and heavy i have riden one and the R to compare it to, we do have a good selection of bikes that you guys refere to as being dual sported but we just call them enduro bikes or trail bikes all the ktm excs yamaha wr's and honda crfx's etc, are all able to be riden on the road if rego'd but most people don't, but bikes like yzf's and sxf's etc can't be rego'd and riden on the road.

True, most trail or enduro bikes are ADR'd and can be rego'd. I think even the YZ250 can or could. I think it has to do with the fact that most of our trailbikes, especially the XR's get a lot of use as work bikes for cattle and sheep mustering, so need to be able to use the Queen's highways. (dirt tracks).

We still cannot get an XR400, a 250R or a 650R now for that matter.

Also, aftermarket parts don't grow on trees here, the way they seem to there.

Cheers

Bloody oath mate; bugger them XRs, hell we just jump on a bloody roo and take him through the trails. Cripes it beats the hell outa paying through the nose for petrol! Only drawback is when one of those buggers pisses on ya best Alpinestar bike boots. Strewth ive been on one of those mongrels going through the bush up and down like a whore's knickers we were till that flaming drongo chucked a uey and I ended up staring up me own arse like a dingo who's eaten a crook chook..... Crikey I near as shit me daks!

...I think you scared the Yanks meatbomb, or they are still trying to figure out what you said.

here's a translation guide that may help:

Bloody oath - that's true

bugger them XRs' - forget those XR's

roo - Kangaroo (large marsupial - resembles a giant cartoon mouse)

Cripes - gosh

ya - your

Strewth - gosh

Mongrels - dogs of questionable parentage

knickers - underwear

flaming - polite use of F$%KING

drongo - a type of bird. also a stupid person.

uey - pronounced "U E". U turn

dingo - wild dog. some say native, but they were introduced by the Aboriginies.

crook - sick

chook - chicken or rooster

Crikey - gosh. A term used by shorts wearing drongos whilst annoying large and dangerous reptiles.

daks - pants

Hope this helps.

Hooroo