Sign in to follow this  

Ontario: Where do you ride?

so, where do you guys ride in ontario? i usually ride gopher dunes, and some jimmy jammy trails in guelph. I live in southern ontario, too.

What about you guys?

so, where do you guys ride in ontario? i usually ride gopher dunes, and some jimmy jammy trails in guelph. I live in southern ontario, too.

What about you guys?

I ride mostly at EAGLES NEST , because of my involvement there , and the fact it's only 40 min's away . BB was OK also , but they are sadly in a transitional state at this time .

So why don't you give me a hint about these trails in Guelph ? :thumbsup: ( I live in Guelph )

I ride at gopher dunes, wheatly which is called erie ramblers, the pit which is in tamesford, granton, venm which is it strathroy, aubran hills, eaglesnest, grandbend, walton and have been to prosource 2 times.

unfortunately my TRX is having severe electrical issues. All I have to ride is my trusty wolverine.

The trails are just off of highway 6 & 401, along a road i can't remember the name of. but it's parallel to the 401. you can see it from the 401 (you wouldn't know people rode there if you didnt see any bikes, though). But I don't really go there anymore. Apparently it isn't government land, and the owner is very pissed.

unfortunately my TRX is having severe electrical issues. All I have to ride is my trusty wolverine.

The trails are just off of highway 6 & 401, along a road i can't remember the name of. but it's parallel to the 401. you can see it from the 401 (you wouldn't know people rode there if you didnt see any bikes, though). But I don't really go there anymore. Apparently it isn't government land, and the owner is very pissed.

I've rode there for years. Unfortunately you can't anymore due to increased traffic due to idiots posting the directions on the INTERNET. Some people just can't SHUT UP! It was also a place for bikes, not quadtards!

I've rode there for years. Unfortunately you can't anymore due to increased traffic due to idiots posting the directions on the INTERNET. Some people just can't SHUT UP! It was also a place for bikes, not quadtards!

what are you implying?

he asked ME where it was. And, what in sams &%$#@! would it matter if it was quad riders or dirtbike riders? They both make noise, destroy the land, and create unwanted attention. And, I spoke with the guy that actually made that place accessible (NOT the owner). Those 2 rocks at the entrance were moved, the owner put them there to block people from coming in. The front half is private land, where as the rear section rowed trees) is government land. I no longer ride there.

If you ride there you can be fined up to $5,000.

what are you implying?

he asked ME where it was. And, what in sams &%$#@! would it matter if it was quad riders or dirtbike riders? They both make noise, destroy the land, and create unwanted attention. And, I spoke with the guy that actually made that place accessible (NOT the owner). Those 2 rocks at the entrance were moved, the owner put them there to block people from coming in. The front half is private land, where as the rear section rowed trees) is government land. I no longer ride there.

No worries Mud ,You gave vague directions , noted it was not crown land and stated the that the owner was unhappy about people riding there . When your TRX is up and running you are more than welcome at Eagles Nest !

As for as the "quadtards' thing goes , not everyone feels that way . Your in the dirt , so it's all good by me . I just sold my LTZ , and no matter what anybody tells me , that thing was a blast ! With the noise issues plaguing many tracks (fortunately not Eagles Nest) I don't think there are any worst offenders anymore !

what are you implying?

The owner is pissed at the amount of people now going there. Like I said, I rode there for 4 years with no problem. A few people have posted where it is and now it's packed with beer drinking goons. Sometimes less people in a riding area is better. Quads wrecked all the single track and made it 5 feet wide trails. $5000 fine would be for no insurance, otherwise it's a $70 trespassing fine.

gopher dunes beidas eagles nest rj's motopark granton grandbend erie ramblers and some times area 51 :thumbsup:

Kyle you've been to 3 of those on that list this year.

There is a couple of trail riding places East of Toronto. The Ganaraska as every one already knows, and a forest outside of Newtonville. Both places are much better to go to on a weekday. You usually won't see anyone else on a weekday, including the police. For the record the $5000 insurance only applies if you are caught on the road. Otherwise it's just over $300 in accordance to the Off Road Vehicle Act.

crmorris - thanks for the clarification about the riding fines.

Have any of you ever heard of an indoor MX track near Hamilton, Ontario? Someone told me about it once but I can't find it at all, and I really wonna use that in the winter if I could.

I went to Gopher dunes Aug 19. (saturday) it poured when we were 3/4 the way there and proceeded to do so the rest of the day, but I had a blast. I just couldn't believe how long it took to get there...My friend promptly told me Highway 24 is closed (which is the most direct route), and it took us alot longer to get there. Surprisingly alot of people showed up.

I was kind of hoping someone knew a good place around Hamilton. But I think I'm going to show up at Gopher dunes increasingly more now.

Thanks,

Mike