Sign in to follow this  

Ready oil filter

I was thinking about picking up one of the reusable ready oil filters. Does anyone have any opinions before I drop 60.00 on an oil filter.Also I change my oil pretty frequent.

Ive got one. I have had no issues with it. When I first got it I noticed the cap doesnt have build in flow directing holes that the stock cap does- the holes that match up to corresponding holes in the oil filter housing.. I asked some questions to them about it and they said that was by design, that the lack of them actually improved flow. Hmmm. I wouldnt think Honda but engineer those holes into the inside of the stock oil filter cap without a good reason.

Regardless, the filter seems to working great, had it for a year now.

why not just stick with the regular filters? they are like $1.00 each

Get one, wash it out with contact cleaner, used compressed air to blow it out (lightly). Pop it back in. never have to worry about running out of filters in the middle of an oil change.

I pay about 10 bucks canadian for a oil filter with a discount aswell Im looking at getting a reusable one too, and lets see 10 bucks canadian thats what in american cash now hmm canadian dollar is almost 90 cents U.S now so that puts it about 9 bucks american