Sign in to follow this  

Can u plate a used KTM....?

Can u plate a used KTM that was not originally plated by the first owner in Washington State?

Can u plate a used KTM that was not originally plated by the first owner in Washington State?
Why would any Washingtonian buy a KTM in this state and not plate it?

:ride: The answer is no. If its already been titled in WA, it has a "branded" title. Look on the title, it sais "not legal for road use" in red letters across the bottom under "comments" section. You could sell it to a Oregon resident, then buy it right back with a Oregon title, brining it in is a snap. But you'll have to pay sales tax again! :thumbsup:

If the title has not been branded "off road use only" can I get it by the DOL?

If the title has not been branded "off road use only" can I get it by the DOL?

I don't think what is on the title matters anymore. They now have most of these bikes in the computer and if the dealer doesn't do it from the show room floor it very likely once it has been titled that you can not get a plate. I have heard that some dealers are refusing to do it from the show room floor. Now that the 2007 KTM line has a dual sport 450 and 525 EXC I doubt many will put themselves in jeopardy by plating the non street legal versions of their bikes.

The 2007 line is not a rumor. I just got my brochure from KTM today. And it is for sure that the 2007 line will have dual sported 450 and 525 exc bikes in the line up.

It doesn't hurt to try. Go ahead an try many are probably waiting to see if you succeed. :thumbsup:

Why would any Washingtonian buy a KTM in this state and not plate it?

:ride: The answer is no. If its already been titled in WA, it has a "branded" title. Look on the title, it sais "not legal for road use" in red letters across the bottom under "comments" section. You could sell it to a Oregon resident, then buy it right back with a Oregon title, brining it in is a snap. But you'll have to pay sales tax again! :thumbsup:

simply trim that bottom part off the paperwork - go to Kelso and play dumb