Sign in to follow this  

Rubiks cube Rear Spring removal!?!?!?!

Yes, I looked at my manual :thumbsup: Anyway, replacing my rear spring. Have the shock out and the manual says in that annoyingly simplistic language "...simpy remove the spring seat and stoppr ring and shock spring."

How the heck do you get the stopper ring and spring seat over the end of the damper to allow the spring to slide off? :ride: One would think you needed to take out the damper, but if thats true, manual makes absolutely no reference to that. I did turn the damper about 30 times to see if it came off (shows threaded end in schematics). But after a tons of turns it didnt even seems to loosen. Im hoping turning it makes no difference.

What am I missing?

:applause:

Loosen the preload rings all the way, slide the spring up and tap the spring seat towards the spring. Under it you will see a small clip. Remove it, slide the seat off and remove the spring.

Loosen the preload rings all the way, slide the spring up and tap the spring seat towards the spring. Under it you will see a small clip. Remove it, slide the seat off and remove the spring.

Man that would be nice if they mentioned the clip in the manual.... thanks fred!