Sign in to follow this  

pics of 04 rm250 (or a year close to it) with an ims 3.2 gallon tank?

any one got any picks of a relatively new rm250 with an ims tank? i was thinking about getting a new tank for my bike and i want to see what it looks like first.

thanks for the pics.

that acually dosnt look that bad.do you notice the extra weight from the fuel at all while riding?

I rode a buddies 01 RM 250 with a large tank and you do notice it but it is needed if you want the extra range.

How about spark plug access? Even with ths stock tank it is annoying....how is the access with the oversized tank?

do you notice the extra weight from the fuel at all while riding?

Not really. Gas weight is something like 8 pounds per so we are not talikng that much.

Kevin

Not really. Gas weight is something like 8 pounds per so we are not talikng that much.

Kevin

I noticed the girth of the tank more than anything.

Plus, remember the weight is carried higher making the 8 lbs more noticable. Atleast I could notice it....but the size of the tank is what I noticed.

How is the spark plug access?

Spark plug in on problem to get to. The fuel shut off is more out in the open though and on one ride I snapped it off. The casting is poor and the piece is easy to brake. I did not fall or even notice a hit of any kind but the bike just bogged out. When I looked down fuel was justa pissin out. I had to empty out my camelback and fill it with the fuek from the tank and connect my camelback to the carb to get home. Kidrowski has broken his 2 times. I would advise to get 2 o-rings and fabricate some kind of guard. I have not done it yyet but it is on my list. The porblem is the list is getting longer not shorter.

Kevin

You can get to the plug. I have size 11 mits and i can change the plug no prob. You would have to give it a few minuts trail side because the pipe is close. The only thing I do not like is the shrouds do not tight to the radiators with this tank. The air dam inside the shroud is 1/2 away on the left radiator. I have had no over heating probs but It could be better. I have fabricated pieces to fit the gaps.

Kevin

You can get to the plug. I have size 11 mits and i can change the plug no prob. You would have to give it a few minuts trail side because the pipe is close. The only thing I do not like is the shrouds do not tight to the radiators with this tank. The air dam inside the shroud is 1/2 away on the left radiator. I have had no over heating probs but It could be better. I have fabricated pieces to fit the gaps.

Kevin

Gotcha thanks!