Sign in to follow this  

sikk xxl aluminum

hey, i wanted to know if you have any info on them, like if they are any good, and just basic info.

thank you. :thumbsup:

They are running CAST aluminum frames. I dunno if I'd trust riding them personally. I've heard they're weaker than mild steel frames. :thumbsup:

They are running CAST aluminum frames. I dunno if I'd trust riding them personally. I've heard they're weaker than mild steel frames. :thumbsup:

They are not Cast Aluminum frames where the Hell did you come up with that....

Cast aluminum ????????? I think not.

We have sold a few of them, but, have not had any feedback from the customers. I guess, like the saying goes, no news is good news.

i have one and this is what it does it has 2 hours on it

it goes in to a false neutrals when shifting from 3rd to 2nd clutch slips it jumps from 4th to 3rd rear shock locking rings loose lower shock bushing are gone front forks leak swing arm bushings are gone too wheels only spin when finger tight.

do you think that the pitster 125x is better, how are the shocks, frame and engine?? thanks

They are not Cast Aluminum frames where the Hell did you come up with that....

uh... look through some past posts here on Thumpertalk (and planetminis). A couple guys said they snapped the frames.

Also, I looked and touched the frames, and talked with a dealer about them for a while. They are NOT BBR quality frames, not in the slightest.

And explain to me how the frames aren't cast when there are no welds....... :thumbsup:

If they were running true BBR quality frames, their price tag would be a lot higher.

do you think that the pitster 125x is better, how are the shocks, frame and engine?? thanks

The pitster 125x is a decient bike.Good motor,good frame.The suspension is the down fall.You will need a new shock and rework the forks.I would look into a RCM.The rcm has the best suspension out there for under 2000.Good motor,strong frame and awsome swing arm.I would look into one you won't be disapointed.It is race ready right out of the box.If you get one buy a good quality chain before you ride,stock chain is crappy.good luck in what you choose.

uh... look through some past posts here on Thumpertalk (and planetminis). A couple guys said they snapped the frames.

Also, I looked and touched the frames, and talked with a dealer about them for a while. They are NOT BBR quality frames, not in the slightest.

And explain to me how the frames aren't cast when there are no welds....... :ride:

If they were running true BBR quality frames, their price tag would be a lot higher.

Who Is Claiming BBR Quality Here or on any forum or in an Add certainly not Sikk MX. The company and some dealers Claim that the Motors are (Theres) SikkMX 125cc But they are not they are LIFAN 120cc (In the New Models) even the Add that they run on there site list it as 52.4mm X 49.5mm = 107cc Not 125cc Its More like 52.4mm X 55.5mm = 120cc Probobly a Typo error so dont believe all you read....... :applause:

And the thread is about the XXL model not the Perimiter Framed Bike and I looked and touched the frame Also..... You Must be Blind and need Glasses cause I could plainly see the welds and there not anything Great looks like they were done by a machine not By hand like BBR I have not seen or read on any other wesite that SikkMx claims this Frame to be like BBR.....

And I have seen posted on PM that someone had a Perimeter BBR Frame and snapped that....BBR Replaced it for them at $3000.00 for Just the BBR Frame set they should. For that price you can buy 2 complete SikkMx Perimeter bikes and if they were BBR quality Hand Crafted and Welded I would exspect them to be Higher Priced....Duuuh........... :applause:

when this company invests in some R&D in the Motors & Trannys they use and Pay attention to the Little things like Quality Berings, Bushings & Seals use Suspension F&R with external adjustment it May Give Pitster a Go at it... :applause: But when you think of quantity you sell not Quality you get what you pay for. Do yourself a Favor Save your Money and Buy a Pitster Pro X2, X2R or the New X3R Model..... :thumbsup:

And explain to me how the frames aren't cast when there are no welds....... :ride:

Dude your a idiot.We are talking about a china bike not a bbr.Do you seriosly think it could be bbr quality for the price think not. :thumbsup:

Dude your a idiot.We are talking about a china bike not a bbr.Do you seriosly think it could be bbr quality for the price think not. :thumbsup:

Duh. Didn't I already say the price tag would have to be higher for it to be BBR quality? You're repeating what I've already said.

And Precision, I browse through a lot of dealerships (part of my job) and dealers ARE claiming the frames to be BBR quality. I had one guy tell me their Sikk was just as good as any BBR bike. They even slapped BBR stickers on the bike.

The perimeter frame I looked at did not have the welds on the outside like the BBR ones do. I don't care how fast you can put together a frame in China, raw aluminum is expensive... and BBR claimes their frames alone cost THEM over $1000. How on earth do you sell a bike that cheap with an aluminum perimeter frame? Making it cast is the only way that comes to mind. If you can prove differently, okay. But I can't see any other way they are doing it.

Would someone mind explaining how they DO make the frames? If someone honestly knows... please speak up.

The price tag alone scares me. For that price I expect a steel single spar frame and would be happy with it too.

I have nothing against Sikk. Their new perimeter frame just kinda scares me.

And Precision, I browse through a lot of dealerships (part of my job) and dealers ARE claiming the frames to be BBR quality. I had one guy tell me their Sikk was just as good as any BBR bike. They even slapped BBR stickers on the bike.

Ya, keyword "dealerships"... blame them for the false advertising not sikk...sikktoys inc themselves never have claimed it is "BBR" quality and never has slaped bbr stickers on there stuff

The perimeter frame I looked at did not have the welds on the outside like the BBR ones do. I don't care how fast you can put together a frame in China, raw aluminum is expensive... and BBR claimes their frames alone cost THEM over $1000. How on earth do you sell a bike that cheap with an aluminum perimeter frame? Making it cast is the only way that comes to mind. If you can prove differently, okay. But I can't see any other way they are doing it.

Would someone mind explaining how they DO make the frames? If someone honestly knows... please speak up.

The price tag alone scares me. For that price I expect a steel single spar frame and would be happy with it too.

I have nothing against Sikk. Their new perimeter frame just kinda scares me.

If a dealer is claiming or Compairing that a SikkMx is like a BBR or they are Putting BBR stickers on a Bike. You should Know from this Site and any other Website you freaquent that the Dealer is full of $h!t...Period :applause: the guy is a STROKE and I would take everything the guy says from now on as a Big Lie, he would sell his mother the Brooklyn Bridge... :applause:

The SikkMx frames are made from Heat Treated Tubing and are hand assembled in JIGS and are then Welded by Machines and Later are Highly polished to Hide any imperfection and lousy welds and to look Bling Bling to the eye all this and Made in china for Cheap Cheap Money "Dollars" not hundreds of Dollars........

BBR are a Higher Grade Aluminum that is Heat Treated and Heat Treated again after assembly and Each one is Hand assembled in a JIG and Hand Welded...(All in the USA) and the Welds Welded by a Master Welder are so artistic and beautiful and comform to the frame are left to admire...... :applause: hence the Price.

The Price for the SikkMx are affordable for Masses to own, the Price on the BBR are for certain Individuals to own....so their friends can Drool... :ride:

Im an Ex pro rider from the 80's im 41years old and I dont think I can Break a SikkMx Perimiter Frame or there aluminum XXL Frame. I would be worrying about a Stock Crf Fiddie frame before one of these...... :applause:

What ticks me off is Where were these Bikes/Companys about 4 years ago when I was Building my first Fiddies I would Buy Most of these Imports and then Personally upgrade as needed...Pitster Pro Has the Best Dealer/Customer Support out there and In Now having knowledge about SikkMx from my Girlfriends Kid having one they also are stepping up and showing interest and Dealer /Customer Support..... :thumbsup:

Nothing against you Dude, But from reading alot of your other post you should Definetly know Better of whats going on in the Pitbike world that you should be schoolin the dealers.... :applause:

Later-OLDSCHOOL

pitbikeguy your a joke that thinks you know it all and don't have a clue.You my friend are a idiot.If you don't believe me read some of your dumb ass posts.

pitbikeguy your a joke that thinks you know it all and don't have a clue.You my friend are a idiot.If you don't believe me read some of your dumb ass posts.

I'd suggest ya stop the name calling. I haven't seen a knowledgeable post from YOU yet. How about you PROVE I'm an idiot??? :thumbsup:

I have never ridden a Sikk perimeter framed bike myself, I am simply going off of what I have seen and heard, not actually riding one. I believe I've stated that already.

I am not slamming anyone, just giving my opinion of the bike. Like I SAID... nothing against Sikk as a company/manufactuer/dealer/distributor etc.

Geesh! Say what you think about a frame and you get walked all over. Amazing.

Precision... I agree the BBR claim is totally the dealers fault. As someone who has worked at a dealership before, I am amazed that people are claiming what they are claiming. I have no doubt they are better than a stock xr50 frame, but not up to par with a BBR. Somewhere in the middle I'm sure.

And yeah... I know what's going on in the pitbike world and I know not alot of the dealers really know what they are talking about. Just thought I would throw in what I've been hearing from them though. It's not really helping the name of Sikk for them to be making bogus claims... now is it?

Sikk bikes are great for beginning riders. Like my wife. Whatever motors they do use need some work. Sikk makes a kit you can install to stop the slipping into nuetral... It doesn't do a whole though (I got my wife a sikk bike). I would go with the pitster, parts support and good rep are a plus.

Mr pitbikegay237 you need to change your name. I agree with Speedo that you seem to post idiotic posts that mean nothing to anybody.

Mr pitbikegay237 you need to change your name. I agree with Speedo that you seem to post idiotic posts that mean nothing to anybody.

pitbikeguy237. Cuz I am a pitbike race promoter, dealer for a couple brands of pitbikes, and race pro on pitbikes. I figured it qualified me to be called a "pitbike guy". My racing number is usually 237. That's how my name was built. Don't push me into a credentials battle, it'll get us no where and it gets boring.

I am all about having an awesome time on fun mini bikes. Not buying a nightmare and getting hurt on it. If you are referring to me being against ebay bikes, it's cuz I think you're going to break your neck on them! Plus these morons are advertising them as being as good as anything else. I'm sorry, but no Typhoon/ Radical/ Motophp will ever even compare to a Sikk. I think the Sikks are "okay", but would have to ride one before I give a professional opinion either way. I don't need to ride a $500 ebay bike to tell you it's crap. Pure and simple.

Patrick... grow up.