Sign in to follow this  

Slime?

I am new to this forum so if this has been posted let me know. how many of you guys run slime in your tubes. i mostly ride trails and nothing sucks more than having to fix a flat in the middle of the forest with the few tools you carry.

I always ran it in my DRZ. Since I got my CRF I haven't put it in yet. I did end up with a front flap. It was my fault since I ran the tire without enough air.

I put the heavy tubes in the front and rear, and make sure to adjust the tire press depending on what I am riding on.

Scott

I don't run slime in the tubes (I run HD tubes), but for remote trips I do carry a bottle of something I think might be similar (called Zshhh over here - injects foam / glue into tube via valve to repair hole, as well as inflating at same time), just in case.

Try Bib mousse from Michelin or Pirelli and you won't be stressed with flat tire and if you ride in muddy conditions, you'll be faster too due to low pressure !

Take care of your friendly seller proposal : there are bib mousse for different use. For motocross - enduro and for rally. The second one is much tougher than the other and really not adapted for normal & muddy cond.

We use new ones in summer and month later when rain and mud appear in November, they are softer and very efficient for green grass...

Expensive but very efficient !

I am new to this forum so if this has been posted let me know. how many of you guys run slime in your tubes. i mostly ride trails and nothing sucks more than having to fix a flat in the middle of the forest with the few tools you carry.

I quit using Slime about 10 years ago and switched to this stuff called PNC or PVC or something. It's purple. This stuff is magnitudes better than Slime. I buy it in 2 gal jugs with a pump and run it in all my bikes. I have NEVER had a flat on a tire running this stuff-and I ride desert. In fact, once I cut the sidewall on a rock on my Jeep, 5 inch gash. I didn't want to jack it up and put on the spare because of the terrain and conditions, so I put about 12 plugs in a line right down the gash, and filled it with a quart of PVC. When I first put air in it, you could see the purple junk running out between the plugs, but after about 1/2 mile is sealed completely. Never did put the spare on, drove it home like that and to work for a week before I had a chance to take it to the tire shop and have it replaced. Sumbitch held air the whole time.

Hey Ewbish......A link would be nice.

I run Super HD tubes and a product called "Tru-Goo" it works well.

Bib Mousse tubes at $180.00 each are a little out of my league.

Thanks guys I have thought about bib mousse or tire balls but I am not looking to spend that kind of money. Slime or similar products seem like the best/cheapest idea. I just wonder if there is a down side to using it. Will it cause a problem with the rim and make it hard to adjust spokes if it gets on the inside of the tube?

Hey Ewbish......A link would be nice.

I run Super HD tubes and a product called "Tru-Goo" it works well.

Bib Mousse tubes at $180.00 each are a little out of my league.

No link, I think most bike shops carry it. I've also seen it Napa, Pep Boys, and Checker.

It comes in either a clear 1qt bottle or by the gallon, non aerosol. The best I can describe it is, it's purple and I think it's called PVC or something close.