Sign in to follow this  

blue comet hs 8/19 anyone going

No....I'll be at the Atlantic Grand Prix race up at the Logan Farm in Virgil NY...It's much better race!

I use to race Blue Comet back in the 70's, but now it's surounded by townhomes...I'm somewhat surprised that the town of Skipack would let them pull it off.

http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/aug19.html

God bless them!

P.S. This is a Satilite Photo of the Blue Comet Course

I should be there. This race is about 15 minutes from where I live so that's very cool!

I'm surprised that they are able to have the race, too, with all of the new homes in that area. Hopefully after all of these 4-strokes light up on Saturday, it won't be the last race. We've got to keep it quiet!

Wow, from that sat image I don't see where they could run the course. It must be a small course. Oh well, I'm there anyway. Like RP said it is close to home and thats what I like. After last weeks disaster at Rocket's H.S. with the supposedly professionally run ECEA event, I am not driving three hours any time soon. The one thing I will give to the ECEA people though is they are great with getting results and pic's updated on line fast. I wish D6 people had a computer literate person to keep us posted with results, Pic's and points. Getting points updates from D6 races is like seeing Union road construction workers actually working or more than one out of a group of ten.

Hey Dave,

I put that new tank on today and it looks sweet. I'm ready to go. I was riding the 250 around my yard after I put the tank on and I forgot about the steaks I put in the ground for the horse shoe pit. Well they are cemented into a cinder block and they don't move much when your foot peg catches it. needless to say I christened my tank with its first contact with dirt. Now I have to reset the horse shoe steak cause it pulled the hole block out of the ground. It was kinda funny after I figured out why I went over the bars putting around in first gear.

Hey Dave,

I put that new tank on today and it looks sweet. I'm ready to go. I was riding the 250 around my yard after I put the tank on and I forgot about the steaks I put in the ground for the horse shoe pit. Well they are cemented into a cinder block and they don't move much when your foot peg catches it. needless to say I christened my tank with its first contact with dirt. Now I have to reset the horse shoe steak cause it pulled the hole block out of the ground. It was kinda funny after I figured out why I went over the bars putting around in first gear.

Dude, your back yard is more dangerous than the racetracks :ride: The tank sounds cool - can't wait to check it out on Saturday cuz that's something I should get, too. Now you won't have to worry about stopping for gas, eh?

Let me know if you need directions or anything. This will be nice only having to drive 20 minutes. I can leave later in the AM and still get to the track early :thumbsup:

man i cant wait, but im kinda scared with it being the first race on the four stroke

I hear you - it can be a different beast than the 2-stroke in many ways. I'm still getting used to some of the 4-stroke characteristics, but overall it feels like it has smoother, more tractable power, especially when it gets slippery. So far, I really like the 4-stroke motor...

how did you guys do i came in 4 out of the 36 in the open c, and it was on a new bike that i only had about 3 hours on :thumbsup: all i need to do if get the starts down im always the just about the last to get started

hey, I ended up 2nd in Vet B.

Congrats again on 4th that kicked ass.

Cant go this weekend I have to work as much as possible so I have money for the month of September.

Steel City - Sep 3

BMER Sep 10

Rausch (maby) Sep 17

Unadilla Gncc Sep 23/24

Busy month..