Sign in to follow this  

help install works shock!

:ride: Yea, ups cam. :thumbsup: It is tight in the 06 150. I saw how the artical on how the shock was installed on the 230 and I think that is the shock I should of gotten. I have seen a shock mounted on a 150 like this, but I don't like the way the cable is mounted. I would have to cut the mud flap that is attached to the air box and I'm worried about the hose getting hit by the tire. If anyone has mounted a works shock on a 06 I would love some input and even better pics. Here is what the mock up looks like.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=25291

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=25294

rite on.... UPS should be at my house tomorrow.

why is the nut cranked down all the way on the load?? is that how it comes?? are there any adjustments for it??

can't tell from the pics really..... i want to see it.

track friday night???

That is the way it comes. In the directions it does say how to adjust the ride hieght, compression(slow and fast) and rebound. I will have to take some time to really read how to adjust thought. If I can get it mounted where I'm sure I won't dammage anything, I will go and ride Friday night. Of course I still have two weeks untill the doc says I can ride, but I'll just be ridding with the slow class. My shoulder is still hurting with fast movements, I'll just be dialing in the shocks. Is that the way "whats his name" mounted and routed his cable?

i didn't notice how his line ran to the resi.... but he has an '05. so the box doesn't come into play on his.

i would also maybe change out those zip ties with some metal hose clamps.

Yea that is just the mock up. I know his shock was mounted there, but the routing has got me puzzled.

Yes, Frank knows that I'm 210 with gear and I jump it. The shock has an adjustable ride height if you go with the best one they offer. They do sell one that only has one adjustment and I think it's rebound only.

Ya, I saw that before and that is a 230. If you look at the pic of the shock you can see that it is not long enough to do that. Thats why I think I should of got the shock for the 230 for the 06 150.

Ya, I saw that before and that is a 230. If you look at the pic of the shock you can see that it is not long enough to do that. Thats why I think I should of got the shock for the 230 for the 06 150.

Ahh ok...now I got ya.

Well, there is a guy on here with the same bike as you and with Franks 225cc kit. His name is 4strokedirt, and he has the Works shock on his 06' 150. Maybe he can help you out. I'm sure he'll see this thread.

Ahh ok...now I got ya.

Well, there is a guy on here with the same bike as you and with Franks 225cc kit. His name is 4strokedirt, and he has the Works shock on his 06' 150. Maybe he can help you out. I'm sure he'll see this thread.

Thank you, thank you! I sent him a pm. I hate being the one who deals with all the problems for a new bike. I know, I bought it, but I never thought it would be like this.

Here's how I did a 2003 230:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=265

I should have the hose shortened so I don't have the loop but I'd have to get it recharged too.

Here's how I did a 2003 230:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=265

I should have the hose shortened so I don't have the loop but I'd have to get it recharged too.

I thought about doing it that way. It looks like you rerouted some wires and hoses to get that done. I'm going to try it that way, Thanks.

The black thing next to the carburator is a K&N filter for the crankcase breather with a black silk stocking over it (really helps keep it clean). garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=1891 I unplugged the hose at the airbox & routed it here. The airbox hole is on the clean side of the airfilter so it has to be plugged. I used Shoe Goo.

That helps, the breather hose was what I was worried the most about rerouting. The wires have alot of slack. How do you like the shock? Can't wait to ride!

The shock is phenomenal! It's as good as any.

On rocky rocky trails it added over 5 mph to "my" race pace speed.

I tried to do it the way toast said and the hose just wouldn't bend that way. When it was close there was no way I could of adjusted it. I managed to get it routed away from the tire and the pic makes it look like it close to the chain but I think it will be fine. If anyone wants a works shock for an 06 talk to someone about getting the hose as long as the 230's or maybe even a 230 shock, not sure if they would match up. In the road it was night and day, can't wait to hit the track. Thanks for all your help! :thumbsup:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=25339

Hey,

I just posted a photo in my garage of the routing for our 06 150. We have been running it this way since February and have had no problems.

John at Hlebo's Suspension helped me mount it and we may have changed a 90 fitting to a 45. I don't remember for sure. The height adjustment is full short and this gave perfect setup for us. Raising the back end up will cause the bike to turn in faster but this adjustment should be good and then adjust final ride height with the sag.