Sign in to follow this  

Ernesto Fonseca and James Marshall

Yesterday I Watched Atlanta Supercross on SPEED on Demand and Ernesto Donseca was still racing!!! I watched him race and saw how good he actually was. I never really noticed him before as a super good rider, but Yesterday i actually realized that he was one of the best. He was easily keeping up with Tedesco, Byrne etc. and i felt really bad and sorry for Ernie. Also I was at San Diego SX when James Marshall crashed, at that point nobody knew how serious it actually was. We all just thought it was another broken foot or something, but few days after i found out that he broke his back :thumbsup: !! My point is it dont matter if u r One of the top riders, a privateer or just a weekend warrior and one day something horrible happens to u that leaves in a wheel chair for the rest of your life just makes me feel so sad :ride:

I just wanted to share my feelings!!

any more opinions!!

you pretty much nailed it. Jshner has a thread about a friend with 3 months to live (cancer) in TownSquare...you've pointed out how easily anyone's life and abilities (like walking) can be taken away instantly. My friend's two 7 year old cousins were recently hit by a drunk, uninsured driver and now they're both paralyzed for life.

...sh!t happens...and quickly. Like Tim McGraw says, "Live like you were dying" because, you know what, you might be closer than you realize.

you pretty much nailed it. Jshner has a thread about a friend with 3 months to live (cancer) in TownSquare...you've pointed out how easily anyone's life and abilities (like walking) can be taken away instantly. My friend's two 7 year old cousins were recently hit by a drunk, uninsured driver and now they're both paralyzed for life.

...sh!t happens...and quickly. Like Tim McGraw says, "Live like you were dying" because, you know what, you might be closer than you realize.

yea thats true!!

I was watching some clips of Ernie recently and it literally brought a tear to my eye. He is truly one of the nicest guys around from what I hear and see and what happened is a true shame.

Is there a possibility for ever recovering from paralysis?

I dont know, but i if there isnt, i hope they will come up with something :thumbsup:
Stem cell research seems to hold the most promise for spinal cord injuries. I'm so disgusted with Bush for vetoing the bill, I'm damn near ready to switch parties :ride:

You must be younger because Fonseca was killing it before Tedesco and Byrne, but it's cool you get to learn how great he was!!

I don't know about those guys or how anyone else feels in that situation.

I do know it's a scary thing to go through, The thought of not being able to walk again.

I shattered my L1 and was paralyzed, for about 15 min or so I couldn't feel anything from the waist down. I laid there thinking OMG what am I going to do. Lots of thoughts and feelings run thru your head in that short time. Things ranging form I'm just going to off myself when I can because I cant do anything and I just :thumbsup: up big time to my family and how they will handle it.

When the tingle came back I was relieved but then still worried I might not be able to do what I enjoy.

Funny thing though I never showed any of that emotion to anyone at the time. I kept telling everyone it was nothing. It didn't hurt to bad and I'll be fine and not to worry. I did this snowboarding and kept saying I'll be back up on top of the hill by the end of the day. LOL I didn't fully accept how bad things where until I got to the hospital.

Luckily the Doc's where able to release the pressure messing up my nerves pull the bone fragments out put some rods in and sew me back up. I have an arc in my back now so I don't always stand up straight. I've had to change jobs and deal with day to day back pain but all in all it's all good. I still do pretty much everything I did before and will continue until I can no longer. :ride:

I feel for anyone that is put in a chair for the rest of their life.

You must be younger because Fonseca was killing it before Tedesco and Byrne, but it's cool you get to learn how great he was!!

yea im pretty knew to the sport!!!

My point is it dont matter if u r One of the top riders, a privateer or just a weekend warrior and one day something horrible happens to u that leaves in a wheel chair for the rest of your life just makes me feel so sad :thumbsup:

I have a friend who used to do Freestyle Snowcross (www.exconfreeride.com is his teams website). He was at a exibition show up at the college I go to (a year or two before I started) and launched off the ramp and I think landed short and crashed, breaking his back. He was totally paralyzed for a while, and he's still in a wheel chair. Really sucks to see him going around in the chair all the time, but the reality is that that is how it's going to be for him. So he is able to make the best of it.

There's pictures on the website I posted of him skiing (sitting on a sit-down type device with two poles with ski's in his hands), and he has a Toyota that he built up into a mudder. It's always nice to see that people who are injured as badly as he is can still get out and do some of the stuff they love.

i find it ironic that when james marshall crashed ernesto fonseca was the one who landed on him right after (probably causing most damage)

now ernie is in the same boat as james only weeks later

yup, but i dont think Ernie did it on purpose!!!

Stem cell research seems to hold the most promise for spinal cord injuries. I'm so disgusted with Bush for vetoing the bill, I'm damn near ready to switch parties :ride:

I already did switch. I'm so sick and tired of religious beliefs driving our political policies. Just look at how well it's working in the middle east. I'm not sure we will ever get totally away from it, but Bush is an idiot. I mean seriously, can you watch him and actually tell yourself "of the ~150 million adults in the US, that's the best we can do...our leader GWB." :thumbsup:

Let them use stem cells, quit the religious debate, and start doing everything possible to help science advance. That's all it comes down to, which side are you on, religion or science. I vote for science, the rest is nonsense.

I already did switch. I'm so sick and tired of religious beliefs driving our political policies. Just look at how well it's working in the middle east. I'm not sure we will ever get totally away from it, but Bush is an idiot. I mean seriously, can you watch him and actually tell yourself "of the ~150 million adults in the US, that's the best we can do...our leader GWB." :ride:

Let them use stem cells, quit the religious debate, and start doing everything possible to help science advance. That's all it comes down to, which side are you on, religion or science. I vote for science, the rest is nonscense.

Couldn't have said better :thumbsup:

I guess my last comments really killed this thread. And to think I got all suited up in my flame retardent outfit. :thumbsup: